Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji X system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Fuji X system Reply with quote

Hi there,

Recently I've been hearing really good things about the Fuji X system, particularly the X-Pro1 with its prime lenses. I believe that the image quality is amazing, and I wouldn't expect anything less from a camera at this price tag, and the camera looks -- on paper -- like a perfect little gem with the aperture ring on the lens, (bogus) manual focus ring, optical viewfinder, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't yet seen any parts of this system myself, simply because the shops around here don't stock them (in fear of anything digital/electronic going obsolete before they can sell them). So I can't compare the camera and its lenses to anything I own and love (all film and manual-focus of course).

At one point I even considered the possibility of selling my entire Contax SLR kit for a small Fuji X system. For the much reduced weight and size and the "instant" nature of digital, I could live with the smaller line-up of lenses and the smaller maximum aperture (narrower DoF), if only the camera and the lenses offers a feel comparable to what I'm used to.

Has anyone got any experience and can compare the system to, say, Contax SLR or Nikon AI-S, in terms of feel, passion, love, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have the xp1, but have followed it intently on a variety of forums, like the rangefinerforum.com and the fujixspot forum, plus i have had an x100 since it came out, and it operates very similarly. i will say that given the results ive seen, plus my personal x100 results, plus several years of following comments, the 18/2 and 35/1.4 are the equal of any zeiss contax lens at a fraction of the price and size. the results are nothing short of stunning.

as for 'user' experience, i personally love shooting with the x100. i can say unequivocally that in my 30 plus years of photography ive not come across a cam i enjoy shooting more than the x100, except the hasselblad xpan. the analogue controls for aperture, shutter speed and exposure compensation make it an absolute pleasure, and the dual vf screen is nothing short of amazing. however, if you plan to use native fuji lenses in primarily a 'manual focus' operation, you will be disappointed because the 'feel' is nothing like working with the systems you have. its fine, even good, for those few times when you need to deviate from autofocus in order to achieve 'critical' focus, but not as an all the time method of operation.

but if your goal is acquiring amirrorless AF system, i believe it is the best 'experience', result and value system available.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some say that the stores do not stock X-Pro 1 because
X-Pro 2 (or it might be called X-Pro 1s) -- a heavily
updated model -- will appear within not too long a time.

Some fear, however, that the selling price will be
heavily updated as well...

Search the Fuji forums.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and... after nearly 3 years the X-PRO 2 has arrived, so those who hung on for it had a VERY long wait Wink Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what a great camera it is! It's superb for manual focus also! I got mine a week ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: fuji x lenses Reply with quote

I have both the 18 f2 and the 35 f1.4 which I use on my x t1.

Both lenses are a joy to use with the 35mm being OUTSTANDING in both its operation and its products (pictures/photos)

Love using it and the bokeh is excellent also.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the X-E1 and my only Fujinon lens is the 1.4/35
Both are amazing - the lens is astonishingly good.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
OH

Like 1

This was my first introduction into the Fuji X system too and I found the IQ simply amazing.
Hands down it beats my D700 and 1Ds MKII in terms of IQ.

I now have a Fuji X-T10 and X-Pro1.
Lenses:
35mm f1.4
18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
56mm f1.2
Samyang 12mm f2
Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 M mount + Fuji X to M mount adapter.

Looking forward to getting the 23mm f2 WR!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
OH

Like 1

This was my first introduction into the Fuji X system too and I found the IQ simply amazing.
Hands down it beats my D700 and 1Ds MKII in terms of IQ.

I now have a Fuji X-T10 and X-Pro1.
Lenses:
35mm f1.4
18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
56mm f1.2
Samyang 12mm f2
Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 M mount + Fuji X to M mount adapter.

Looking forward to getting the 23mm f2 WR!

Here is a handheld panorama of six stitched images taken on Thursday with the 1.4/35
Very happy with the result.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For manual focus lenses, the X-T1 makes a lot more sense to me. The large EVF, with the MF focus aids, makes it very easy to focus.

I often carry my X-Pro1 with the excellent (AF) Fujinon XF 35/1.4, and my X-T1 with whatever MF lens I fancy Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered an X-T20 after selling my Canon 6D. I also ordered M42 and Topcor adaptors, hope my manual lenses play well with this body!

I will post sample photos...just waiting for delivery from the Fuji agent here in Kenya.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll vote for XP1 easily, namely given its price today, because it is still a very awesome little camera unless you need fast AF.

http://skvoraltdphoto.com/x-pro-1-lost-river-wv/

http://skvoraltdphoto.com/good-times-mr-smiths-georgetown/

http://skvoraltdphoto.com/x-pro-1-vs-deadmau5-firefly-2016/

http://skvoraltdphoto.com/recent-work/nggallery/recentwork/probrodown-2016

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 'Lost River' and 'bar' images,nice! Smile