Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Aspherical f3.5-5.6 28-200mm 71A lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Tamron Aspherical f3.5-5.6 28-200mm 71A lens. Reply with quote

Hi, I have recently joined the forum and have been looking at this lens on ebay for 24.50 GBP. I have seen a few reviews which had mixed viewpoints on the lens. Has anyone on the forum used this lens and can give me some feedback on its performance in the field, please. I wish to use it on my Sony a6000 with adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here! Hope you like it! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi melmount, welcome.

The tamron 28-200mm was a big selling design, more in its autofocus incarnations than in MF adaptall guise - sold a million according to my boxed example. I also had an adaptall one for a while and it took quite good pics without really impressing me. Overall I think these can be described as decent performers. Depends really what you want from it - as a bargain all round superzoom you're getting plenty of lens and versatility for a minimal price. I wouldn't pay much more than that for one though - these never go for very much on eg ebay anyway (ignoring overpriced BIN's).

Alternatives: well I was going to say the vivitar 28-200mm/210mm by kobori/cosina are solid performers - surprisingly good actually that could work well on a MILC with good focus aids to alleviate the tricksiness of the short focus throw. One of these can easily picked up for not much more than a tenner However my experience with these on my lumix G1 was that there can be adapting issues, I started a thread about it here...

The kiron 28-210mm is quite similar to those vivitars, there is a current thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kds315* and marcusBMD for your replies, much appreciated. Marcus you mentioned the vivitar 28-200mm/210mm by kobori/cosina, can you tell me if korobi made vivitars serial numbers begin with 77******. I was thinking of it as a walkaround lens for general purposes, nothing really special but capable of good photos depending on the photographer in question. I have seen a few vivitar 28-200mm with the above sequence of numbers on ebay at the moment, maybe go for that instead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

77xxx = kobori, 09xxx = cosina see here:

http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marcus for the link to reference numbers for Vivitar lens manufacturers, I only knew of three or four, very useful information to have.
Thanks again, your help and information is much appreciated.