Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fieldtest Soligor mc cd 60-300mm full open 4-5,6.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Fieldtest Soligor mc cd 60-300mm full open 4-5,6. Reply with quote

I just shoot around a little bit. Playing, sure this is not a serious testing. But this kinda testing shows for me wether a lens is suitable for me or not. And I am sure this lens is usabable today sure. Macro 1:4 on FF is built in too , on mft u will get 1.2 Macro. Not bad. Ok u could buy a new cheap tamron zoom Ld 70-300, which I own too.
But sometimes I like to play.

Last edited by lowersaxonguy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:25 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear the nice pictures alone are not sufficient to judge the lens.

Is that the push pull zoom that is as dark as 6.7 on the dark end? Or another lens? At what focal length?

Wide open it looks surprisingly good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good pictures, the lens performs well. I haven't had much luck with Soligor zooms, the few I've got are average at best, unlike my Soligor primes that are good to very good. That's a zoom I would buy if I saw one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, really. I've had direct experience with two 300mm Soligor zooms: an 85-300mm f/5 and a 95-310 f/5.6. The 85-300 wasn't too bad when stopped down to f/8 or f/11, but the 95-310 is -- well, let's just say I've used better.

I don't know anything about the Soligor 100-300, so maybe it's better than the others.

Last edited by cooltouch on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1
thks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several Soligor CD zooms that are rather good. I have a 75-250 that may be in the same series as this one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This zoom is the same as the Tokina 60-300 which was testet with very good results in a German photo magazine.
I bought that Tokina back then. After it was no longer build with Tokina naming my brother bought the Soligor AF version.
My Tokina got fungus - after a extreme humidity and temperature defect in the room. I replaced the fungus etched front lens with one from a cheap Soligor. Short tests showed a good performance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to hear , thks
ZoneV wrote:
This zoom is the same as the Tokina 60-300 which was testet with very good results in a German photo magazine.
I bought that Tokina back then. After it was no longer build with Tokina naming my brother bought the Soligor AF version.
My Tokina got fungus - after a extreme humidity and temperature defect in the room. I replaced the fungus etched front lens with one from a cheap Soligor. Short tests showed a good performance.