Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Giving the Tamron AD2 35-80mm f2.8 01A a further test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Giving the Tamron AD2 35-80mm f2.8 01A a further test Reply with quote

Decided it was time to test out the 01A a little bit more

And I have to say I am happy with the results

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

There's a PF member Doundounba who has got fantastic macro results with his 01A, for example:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/59769-adaptall-mount-club-tamron-166.html#post2968735

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I finally snagged one of these remarkable zooms last year. Just incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I started a collection of Tamrons, snagged some lovely examples, decided to sell them all and now regret doing so and am about to start all over again Rolling Eyes
Its this mans fault http://forum.mflenses.com/my-tamron-ad-2-collection-t76668.html Wink Plus the pic at the top of this page, lovely.
The 01A is very high on the list so if anyone has decent copy they want to sell I would be most interested.

Steve.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bychance wrote:
Well, I started a collection of Tamrons, snagged some lovely examples, decided to sell them all and now regret doing so and am about to start all over again Rolling Eyes
Its this mans fault http://forum.mflenses.com/my-tamron-ad-2-collection-t76668.html Wink B

Well Steve, mea culpa.

Believe me when I tell ya, I've been in your position before. This last round of re-acquiring gear, I made a solemn vow to myself that I wasn't going to sell anything that became part of my permanent collection. I'll leave it for my heirs to sort it out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only copy is in unusable condition, both zoom and focus is very hard...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a rummage through my 'donate to charity' box in the garage and retrieved a 28-200 71A, a 103A an 03A and a 28-70 44A all in good enough condition. I've already got good examples of the 103/03A's but sod it! no more ruthless clearouts, from now on its hard core hoarding and nerdery for me, I want em all Tuzki with lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can re-direct me to a repair page for 01A, I am very appreciated. Thank you.

I never open an AD2 lens, and need some guideline if I need to open it from the mount.
Zoom is something I wouldn't try, but I can give this one a try. I have opened some other primes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked one up due to it's reputation. I already owned the Tamron non-SP 35-70 f3.5 (17A version), and it's really pretty amazing.

In fact, comparing the two after receiving the SP 35-80, I'd have to say my 35-70 3.5 non-SP blows it out of the water. I may either have a dud SP 35-80 or a remarkable 35-70, but either way, if you come across the 35-70, it's definitely worth your attention and testing.

Julian

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtrcy wrote:
I picked one up due to it's reputation. I already owned the Tamron non-SP 35-70 f3.5 (17A version), and it's really pretty amazing.

In fact, comparing the two after receiving the SP 35-80, I'd have to say my 35-70 3.5 non-SP blows it out of the water. I may either have a dud SP 35-80 or a remarkable 35-70, but either way, if you come across the 35-70, it's definitely worth your attention and testing.

Julian

I picked a 17A up a few weeks ago, it was in very nice condition and dirt cheap, and I like Tamron's. I thought it might be a nice lens. But it has stiff competition from my Minolta Rokkor Macro 35-70 / 3.5 so I was prepared to let it be second best to the Rokkor.
I haven't tried them head to head, but I know it's going to be a close fight. This Tamron 17A is very good indeed.