Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Acetone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome olyfix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with hot soapy water,after all the Glass is removed.The Glass can also be safely cleaned this way also.Use a Hair drier set to cool to blow dry afterwards.
Is there any problem with this method?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie46 wrote:
What is wrong with hot soapy water,after all the Glass is removed.The Glass can also be safely cleaned this way also.Use a Hair drier set to cool to blow dry afterwards.
Is there any problem with this method?

Soap can't dissolve everything?

I get water spots on eyeglasses without polishing instead of air-drying...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soap and water is something I've used on purely mechanical lenses, and one of my favorite products is a household cleaner called 'Elbow Grease' which is a de-greaser, and is very good indeed. I use it in my workshop on engine parts, to get oil stains out of wood, to clean kitchen walls before painting and to get oil out of clothing. The best thing is....it from the Pound Shop.

And it actually dissolves the grease in Russian lenses, it's excellent. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
soap and water is something I've used on purely mechanical lenses, and one of my favorite products is a household cleaner called 'Elbow Grease' which is a de-greaser, and is very good indeed. I use it in my workshop on engine parts, to get oil stains out of wood, to clean kitchen walls before painting and to get oil out of clothing. The best thing is....it from the Pound Shop.

And it actually dissolves the grease in Russian lenses, it's excellent. Like 1 small

I remember being sent for some of that at my first scout camp, I assumed it was in the same box as the sky hooks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.poundshop.com/Elbow-Grease-Original-500ML?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNaVjavG1QIVkWwbCh1poQegEAQYAiABEgLdhfD_BwE

I buy it by the case from Poundland, brilliant stuff.