Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dewpoint Calculator Evaluates Lens Storage
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Dewpoint Calculator Evaluates Lens Storage Reply with quote

Move the temperature and humidity sliders to match values from the temp/RH meter in your lens storage -- in the "Preservation Evaluation", see mold risk, and if high, "days to mold", plus other kinds of decay.

Quote:
Use the sliders to explore combinations of temperature (T), relative humidity (RH), and dew point (DP) to compare the preservation quality of your environment. Knowing the dew point can help achieve long-term preservation of collection materials for libraries, museums, and archives.To report on your storage environment use the PEM2® to record data and eClimateNotebook® to analyze it.

The Dewpoint Calculator -- http://www.dpcalc.org/

Quote:
The dew point temperature determines what combinations of temperature and RH will be possible in the storage environment. At a constant dew point, when the temperature goes up, the RH goes down and when the temperature goes down, the RH goes up. Controlling the dew point is key to managing the risk of material decay. What's your dew point? If you know the T & RH in your space you can use the DP Calculator to get the DP. If your building does not have humidification or dehumidification, the indoor dew point is the same as the outdoor dew point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful, humidity isn't a major problem in the UK but old houses like ours have no insulation so it's a constant battle to keep damp out and the temp up. a very expensive battle as well. Rolling Eyes
I do monitor the humidity in the room where my lenses are and the highest I've ever seen is 67%