Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Metabones speed booster - M42 to Nikon F
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Metabones speed booster - M42 to Nikon F Reply with quote

As the title says... Has anyone used Metabones speedbooster to reduce the focal length of vintage M42 lenses on a APS-C Nikon body? all the speedboosters i see produced are made with other mounts, but not for Nikon body, or I didn't search enough.
If there isn't one, has someone made a DIY solution to this.
I saw that Metabones actually give more light to the sensor, and it would be pretty neat to get that swirly bokeh of Helios 44 or nice depth of field of Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 on APS-C sized sensors.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speedboosters use the different flange back distance between front lens and camera.
So for example they are made for Nikon F-lenses with 46.5mm and for Sony E mount cameras with 18mm flange back distance.
You have 45.46mm on the lens and 46.5mm on the camera.
So there is no speedbooster currently available for your needs.

My DIY speedboosters need some flange back differences too.

I think I read in one of my optical design books about the way to make one for systems with no flange back difference.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but nevermind the flange distance of a M42 lens, as I have already adapted those for Nikon without any loss in image quality. Is there a speedbooster made for Nikon FX lenses to fit on APS-C body? That one I would like to buy..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With F on Nikon F still have not the ~25mm room for current adapters.
Nikon F to Sony E-Mount would work.