Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some pics from Berlin in 1972- Pentax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Some pics from Berlin in 1972- Pentax Reply with quote

I was in Berlin first in 1957 with the British Army - I went back in 1972 as Photographer for the Great Britain Handball Team and mananged a trip out to see 'The Wall' which was NOT there in 1957 -- I used my Asahi Pentax SLR and mostly a 105mm f2.8 Pre-set Takumar lens and Tri-X film processed in the original Promicrol 1+2 -- I took a couple at the Wall with a wide-angle -- I think it was an Enna 'Ultra-Lithagon' I had at the time -- 28mm f3.5 lens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Great history pictures - the second and the last are my favourites.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating! Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
You captured that bleak character rather well in 1972. Went there in 2012. The Wall is gone but the bleakness lingers, at least in the mind. Cold War novels must have contributed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these images!
Love those images form about my birthyear. Especially those with those The Beatles lookalikes going up the stair.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Pete.
You might like to offer copies to your national archive for their historical content and context.
T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put them on the web-site of the British Army of the Rhine already -- they were pleased !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you shot a pic of the former Luftfahrtsministerium (Ministry of Air, Goering's main charge in the TR period).

It was minimally damaged and re-used by DDR I read.

http://www.saak.nl/battlefield%20tour/2008%20berlin/Wilhelmstrasse/wilhelmstrasse%20en.htm

I guess it may take quite some time to learn to pronounce that word for a non German.