Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WHICH SONY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: WHICH SONY Reply with quote

Which Sony is the best to buy :

1- A6000

2- Nex 7.

They seem to be very similar, but they are different, or not?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A6000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a6000.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sony a6000 is 3/4 years newer than nex 7.
both are APSC sensor but a6000 has a far more faster autofocus , better buffer for "rafale" shoot and other stuff like eye af ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4VB-LJSejM )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, very much to all of you.

I shall use it only with manual focus lenses.

Sony Nex 7 u$s 750

Sony a6000 u$s 1000

Worth the difference in money?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definitely,nothing else comes close.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the NEX 7 doesn't have Playmemories Apps, which is useful, because you can tweak the Japanese domestic model, and add English menu.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A6000 is quite a bit better than the NEX-7 in many ways, most of which will not apply if you truly intend to shoot with only manual lenses. To me, if using only manual lenses, the only significant advantage of the A6000 over the NEX-7 is the A6000s increased ISO capability. You need to decide if that feature is worth the extra money. On the other hand I have heard many NEX-7 owners praise that camera's controls over those of the A6000. Never having had an NEX-7 I can't speak to that issue, but you might research it for yourself.

Compare the two yourself here: http://cameradecision.com/multi-compare/Sony-Alpha-a6000-vs-Sony-Alpha-NEX-6-vs-Sony-Alpha-NEX-7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
The A6000 is quite a bit better than the NEX-7 in many ways, most of which will not apply if you truly intend to shoot with only manual lenses. To me, if using only manual lenses, the only significant advantage of the A6000 over the NEX-7 is the A6000s increased ISO capability. You need to decide if that feature is worth the extra money. On the other hand I have heard many NEX-7 owners praise that camera's controls over those of the A6000. Never having had an NEX-7 I can't speak to that issue, but you might research it for yourself.

Compare the two yourself here: http://cameradecision.com/multi-compare/Sony-Alpha-a6000-vs-Sony-Alpha-NEX-6-vs-Sony-Alpha-NEX-7

Thank you, Steve.

I see. My option seems to be the cheaper nex 7.

It's older, so the shutter life is reduced in front of the a6000 one.

My nex 5n is shutter off ( fix it's not cheap).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
newst wrote:

Thank you, Steve.

That would depend on how much the previous owner of the NEX-7 used it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the a6000 and the sigma 30 1.4 and the Sony Fe 50 1.8. I also have an older nex-5 and the a7k. the a6000 is really a great camera. I got it for my wife and she really loves it. The controls are customizable so you can set it up the way you want. I don't see much advantage in the controls in the nex-7. in comparison to my A7 the a6000 is a little smaller and lighter. Image quality is almost identical and the autofocus on the a6000 is miles ahead of the A7. the only issue I've had so far is the max shutter speed is only 1/4000th of a second which really isn't a big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supersignet wrote:
I just bought the a6000 and the sigma 30 1.4 and the Sony Fe 50 1.8. I also have an older nex-5 and the a7k. the a6000 is really a great camera. I got it for my wife and she really loves it. The controls are customizable so you can set it up the way you want. I don't see much advantage in the controls in the nex-7. in comparison to my A7 the a6000 is a little smaller and lighter. Image quality is almost identical and the autofocus on the a6000 is miles ahead of the A7. the only issue I've had so far is the max shutter speed is only 1/4000th of a second which really isn't a big deal.

i have the nex 6 + sigma 30 1.4 , the autofocus is slow and hunt a lot in dark situation (like few seconds). is the autofocus with this lens far faster with a6000 than nex 5n ?
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with my A7 the autofocus tends to hunt with the FE 50 1.8 and with the sigma 30 1.4. On the a6000 there is no hunting with either lens, however the sigma is noticeably quicker. It does an excellent job with continuous tracking as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you're getting your pricing. The a6000 is only about $550. You can get an a6300 for $850.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devinw wrote:
I'm not sure where you're getting your pricing. The a6000 is only about $550. You can get an a6300 for $850.

In Uruguay and Argentina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
papasito wrote:
newst wrote:

Thank you, Steve.

Yes. You are right, of course.

And tell me, please. Is there any way to know how much time (aprox) has the shutter and/or the auto focus motor to keep

running?

Any control like the Counter miles in the cars?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
newst wrote:
papasito wrote:
newst wrote:

Thank you, Steve.

Yes. You are right, of course.

And tell me, please. Is there any way to know how much time (aprox) has the shutter and/or the auto focus motor to keep

running?

Any control like the Counter miles in the cars?

I truly doubt it. Digital cameras aren't really designed for years of use like the great old film cameras were. The turn-around cycle of digital bodies is just too short. I doubt that anyone has put any analysis into how long the cameras will last.

I have read that even though Sony has advertised some extremely large number of shutter operations for their A7RII they do not warranty the shutter for any number of cycles. That's just the state of the industry these days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh.....bad news.

Thanks Steve.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a NEX-7 .. shutter had to be repaired once due to a defect.. the camera was like 1 week out of warranty too and they wouldn't give it to me.. Rolling Eyes

I have two NEX-5's, one NEX-3 and an A7R but there's something about the sensor in the NEX-7 that I dislike the most out of all the NEX cameras I currently own. I don't know if it's the pixel density or a thicker sensor stack? but wide angle rangefinder lenses reputed to smear and have a magenta cast ALWAYS do it on my NEX-7.. All the other Sony cameras I own seem to behave better in this regard. Even my Minolta 40/2 CLE which is reputed to magenta cast sometimes is completely unusable on the NEX-7 because eveything is shaded magenta.. but on all my other Sony e-mount cameras it's great.. So I'm just not a big fan of that sensor.

--mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For manual focus - NEX6 Smile for latest AF and sensor - A6000. NEX7 is too old and if you use the AF it is useless compared to the later NEX6. The A6000 viewfinder is worse than those of the previous models, still usable but worse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, very much guys.

I really think that for my use (hobbist one and manual focus only and exclusively), my fixed 5N is not so bad.

I like the finder in the others three, the Nex 6, 7 and A6000. But I can live without it.

The money perhaps will be better used to buy another lenses (an old 28/2,8 Leica R)

My lenses today are

Leica R

90/2 not AA

180/3,4 APO

Canon R

35/2,5 - very good old lens

Minolta SR

MC 50/3,5 macro

I can't beleave that, but the rest was sold.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A6000 definitely, the ISO capabilities are better than the Nex 6 or 7. Even though the viewfinder has a lower resolution because of the higher refresh rate it works better than the Nex 6 viewfinder IMO.

If you go for a model that doesn't have the viewfinder make sure you get one with the additional dial controls as it makes things alot easier, that being said, there is quite a big copy variation on the sensor, I got lucky with mine but alot of them have severe banding across the sensor, so if you do get one, buy it brand new so you can return it if it has this issue. It actually seems to affect quite a few different models.

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&client=firefox-b&q=sony+a6000+banding+across+sensor&oq=sony+a6000+banding+across+sensor&gs_l=serp.3...29184.30709.0.30970.7.7.0.0.0.0.392.1860.2-3j3.6.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..6.0.0.doQwDQGzEBc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.148073327,d.ZGg&biw=1760&bih=845&ech=1&psi=iWyyWI3INM2ogAbMl46wCA.1488088203642.3&ei=iWyyWI3INM2ogAbMl46wCA&emsg=NCSR&noj=1&gfe_rd=cr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick with the 5N and save up for an A7 series, I love my NEX-7 but I much prefer the FF sensor of my A7r.