Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you cope with silly negative Ebay buyers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: How do you cope with silly negative Ebay buyers? Reply with quote

Hi, this is a question for frequent Ebay sellers.

I've always did everything to keep my 100% feedback rank (never had a lost parcel, even never cancelled any purchase as a buyer due to a certain risk level, because I value reputation over money) but now some silly Taiwan pr*ck just ruined my score (that I was working for 2 years on) with 3 negatives in a row for combined shipping with prolonged delivery time Sad Though I did everything for him, combined shipping, discounts, shipping with tracking number, and lot of communication (in his broken English, hm).

Of course I asked Ebay for a certain examination but I am just afraid this three negatives to be final, I wonder does anyone an experience with this rank-destroyers? I would never buy anything more expensive than a pen from guy with three negs in a row! I am working on finding a better delivery company (with faster contacts on the other side of the barricade) but it is clearly too late.

Marek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ride it out. They eventually will 'fall off the edge of the earth' and you'll be back to 100%.

I don't know how long that takes, but the more positive feedbacks you get, the more you get the quicker you'll be back to your coveted 100% rating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you copy with silly negative Ebay buyers? Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Hi, this is a question for frequent Ebay sellers.

I've always did everything to keep my 100% feedback rank (never had a lost parcel, even never cancelled any purchase as a buyer due to a certain risk level, because I value reputation over money) but now some silly Taiwan pr*ck just ruined my score (that I was working for 2 years on) with 3 negatives in a row for combined shipping with prolonged delivery time Sad Though I did everything for him, combined shipping, discounts, shipping with tracking number, and lot of communication (in his broken English, hm).

Of course I asked Ebay for a certain examination but I am just afraid this three negatives to be final, I wonder does anyone an experience with this rank-destroyers? I would never buy anything more expensive than a pen from guy with three negs in a row! I am working on finding a better delivery company (with faster contacts on the other side of the barricade) but it is clearly too late.

Marek

It's always a bummer to have some idiot ruin a perfect score, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Any intelligent buyer looking through your feedback will see all three negatives came from the same person at about the same time. From three different persons at different times is far worse. If you are a frequent seller on eBay, I think it is wishful thinking to expect a 100% score to remain intact for very long. There's quite a number of dummies on the planet and sooner or later you run into one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the posts guys, among other things I was also worried about higher % fee paid to the system if the score is not perfect. At least I do know now how much I need perfect responsible delivery partner when selling on Ebay.

Sadly, you are so right about such an amount of dummies lingering over this world konicamera, normal emphatic people rather open an Ebay case to smartly gain time for both sides, when buyer respects the presumption of innocence and me respecting his intention to save his (just spent) money using this tool as a "quarantine". I (or the buyer) did so a number of times, the parcel was usually delivered in the meanwhile, nobody got angry or offended as it is rather "political option". AFAIK, it is very common behavior of US buyers, opening so without any warning and canceling just after the successful delivery - no problem.

My buyer, on the contrary, kept me happy with lines, just as "You did not sent the parcel" + made that feedback a day or two later.

I really do hate ethics and mindset of many Asian buyers that often mistakes sellers for servants, sometimes having disastrous broken English and no "business empathy" whatsoever. I'd close shipping to Asia if the market weren't so important, as the "human quality in business" of average Asian seller vs. average European/Western world seller is so different... My apologies.

I remember many French, Italian people wishing to chitchat after deal, Flickering or Facebooking me, sharing good photos, sharing bad photos, or even inviting me to their place Very Happy (a nice formality), once even after not very well made deal (but with honesty and communication), an Australian buyer being very patient when waiting for damn 50 days, an US buyer having a good fun of the fact I've switched the items in my parcels and accepting the wrong one, etc., on the contrary many Asians probably thinks EU sellers are their bitches because they have MONEY.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same happened to me with a HK dude, but I'm back at 100% now Wink
Take it easy for a year and go out and shoot Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) You can add a comment to his feedback to explain circumstances of his neg. valuation.
2.) In Your future offers add the reason oft these feedbacks in each offer at bottom line of offer, I look for those points regularly.
Don't tell all Asien buyers as negative to be seen persons, they are an other kind oft culture. I had positive and negative deals with buyers & sellers in each country I deal within, there are German bastards too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be better to post this on the other section?
http://forum.mflenses.com/buyer-sources-f19.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I think it may be better to post this on the other section?
http://forum.mflenses.com/buyer-sources-f19.html

yes, done!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's a bit convoluted process, but you can go to feedback forum and counter his claims. Or, you can call customer support and spend an hour on the phone - that's the only way to remove feedback.
2. Do not ship to Asia directly, ask Asian customers to use a reshipper - it's a win for you from any point of view.
3. Do not sell to people who may become a problem customer. Like if someone asks: "will this fit my camera?" always say no, no matter if it's true or not.
4. Don't take it to heart, there's always be an a-hole who will act like one. For example, recently someone demanded a return at my expense because "he ordered an M42 and received a screw mount".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
4. Don't take it to heart, there's always be an a-hole who will act like one. For example, recently someone demanded a return at my expense because "he ordered an M42 and received a screw mount".

Very Happy

Even after probably successfuly delivery (item accepted) the buyer refuses to communicate but I quite stopped caring as you can hardly fight with idiocy and ignorance. Besides, the other buyers keep buying from me Whoo Turtle

Thanks for support and effort.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one neg feedback. A vindictive one too. Because I had negged him (deservedly with the lousy service I got - but I'm not getting into that, its mentioned elsewhere on this forum). His feedback comments were in CAPITAL LETTERS and extremely emotive. I wasn't bothered with anyone seeing that, they'd understand it for what it was. However I featured his comments in my listings and got a few messages from customers sympathising with me. One neg goes after a year at most.

I regularly check feedback if its less than 99.5. If the negs are random rather than the same comment I'll buy. If the comments are broadly the same i.e not working, flimsy, broke after first use, wrong item sent I'll avoid.

Regarding problems. I find that if a customer has a problem and lets me know, ebay automatically open a case. Which is a real pain in the arse because I can't use my account or paypal until it's resolved.

I'm a fair seller and my prices are reasonable. My ebay name is the same as my username here if anyone would like to see what I'm currently selling.