Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Child's play
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Child's play Reply with quote

What happens when you hand a Smena 8M to a six year old? Well, I can tell you with certainty: art happens! Smile

Let me explain. They had a "bring an old thing to school day" at my little girl's school so naturally I gave her an old camera. She picked a Smena out of my "collection" as it was by far the smallest and lightest one, and in her eyes also the coolest. I loaded it with a roll of Agfa APX 400, popped on a small flash and explained to her exactly how to operate it. More than once in fact, but of course not much stuck. And actually I preset it as much as possible. F/11, 1/125s and focus set to around 1.2-1.5m because I knew that's how she'll shoot most of the time. The only thing she had to remember was to wind the film for each shot which she apparently did only every now and then. The results are pure art:

There were a few frames that are at least recognizable (which I don't want to post obviously) but there were none that weren't at least triple exposures. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is genius
Big thumbs up for your daughter Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

super series

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them also ! They would make the 'Beginners' Section' at Brentwood Photographic Club sit up and take notice !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks all. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Great series! Your daughter is really genius! Very Happy