Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New treasure and queries on rolleiflex tlr
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject: New treasure and queries on rolleiflex tlr Reply with quote

Picked this up on the auction site. I was the only one that bid, which tells me I probably paid too much. Serial number 1267805. Reasonably clean, some pulling away of the leather. It seems in good functional condition. The synchro compur speeds seem good to my ear, from bulb to 250. The Schneider Xenotar glass is completely clear. The aperture moves smoothly from 3.5 to 22. Obviously sat in storage for a very long time but the leather case was in excellent condition. The viewfinder is a bit reluctant. But does open with some coaxing. Inside of film compartment very clean.. it says DBP and DPGM on the space by the serial number. My Google fu found that, according to tlr66.org it was manufactured in the early 1950s, probably 1954. The listing shows only Tessar and Opton. Do I have that info correct? I wasn't looking to buy a rolleiflex but have a saved search for Xenotar auctions. Any info appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at further info and paying closer attention my new camera it has the Xenar 3.5, not the Xenotar. Still trying to pin down the model number. Currently I believe it to be the K4b.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, according to the BJP Almanac for 1957 there was a model that came out alongside the 2.8E , it had a Xenotar f3.5 and was slightly cheaper but without a meter, priced at £79 12s 6d plus £38 0s 0d purchase tax.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an afterthought, I'll never moan about VAT again!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverPrintMan wrote:
Just an afterthought, I'll never moan about VAT again!

The purchase tax ater the war included high import tariffs on 'luxury goods' bought from (mainly) Germany and Japan. This was dropped a couple of years later.