Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunrise on wind turbines @2000mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Sunrise on wind turbines @2000mm Reply with quote

They are 35km away. Taken with Takumar 1000/8 with x2 TC.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice digital break-up Wink

Looks quite painterly to me- a very interesting image. Like 1 small Like 1 small
You must have been at considerable elevation to get that at 35 km...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actuallly, that are the win turbines that are elevated compared to me Very Happy They are about 500m higher than me. The paint-looking is due to turbulences is air.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Nice work! Questions: which TCs were used and mounting order if different TCs.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one (with x2 conversion), a Komura KMC. Two would have given 4000mm focal lenght.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

I've not tried adding a TC to my 1000mm MTO, is hard enough to get focus right & hold it steady etc without one. I don't think there's any chance I could match your results.

I guess our local wind turbines are quite a bit closer (18 miles offshore) so more easily handled lenses would do the job.
Silhouetting them against the sun would still be a challenge, especially as if I do drag myself out of bed in time for sunrise it's invariably cloudy Sad

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sun is gorgeous. Kind of science fiction representation of a star going to collide earth. Now, where is my umbrella?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Your great image is a reminder, to use again my long focal lengths for landscape!