Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 103A 3.8/80-210mm "Slushy Maker"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Tamron 103A 3.8/80-210mm "Slushy Maker" Reply with quote

Just Received this lens in the mail.
I really enjoy some of the boxes people use to send cameras and lenses in. Laughing

BTW, can I use an older Adaptall lens adapter on an Adaptall 2 lens? If so I will post some samples today.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 103A 3.8/80-210mm "Slushy Maker" Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
BTW, can I use an older Adaptall lens adapter on an Adaptall 2 lens? If so I will post some samples today.
Thank you.

First I thought it makes slush of your photos Very Happy

At least I've used AD(1) lenses with AD-2 adapter.

Does the AD(1) have one notch or two?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your new acquisition uddhava, I trust it was suitably cheap (I give these 103A's away!).
There are only a couple of lenses in the adaptall line up that might have issues adaptall vs adaptall-2 - 06A is one and thats not even adaptall-1, it was designed to not do auto aperture and has only one slot in the aperture ring for the "tabs" on the mount to key into.

Basically it's not a issue for almost all lens and mount combinations AFAIK.

I did some exposure testing on adaptall first series lenses here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/59769-adaptall-mount-club-tamron-193.html#post3514371

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both.
I have an Adaptall 1 adapter for Yashica cameras and it is working on the lens.
It was cheap, $5.25. It seems to be in good shape, with no lens creeping.
I took some photos and it seems like it will get good results, but I need to practice with it
some more.
I bought it because I read that it is a good lens and generally inexpensive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both.
I have an Adaptall 1 adapter for Yashica cameras and it is working on the lens.
It was cheap, $5.25. It seems to be in good shape, with no lens creeping.
I took some photos and it seems like it will get good results, but I need to practice with it some more.
I bought it because I read here that it is a good lens and generally inexpensive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one, I liked the iq but I just can't stand one touch zooms. Something to do with my muscle coordination.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 103A 3.8/80-210mm "Slushy Maker" Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Thank you.

Haha! I thought the same thing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 103A 3.8/80-210mm "Slushy Maker" Reply with quote

devinw wrote:
kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Thank you.

Haha! I thought the same thing. Very Happy

I hope not! Shocked