Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with stop down pin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Help with stop down pin Reply with quote

I have a 200mm that has the auto stop down pin and my adapter has no flange to push it in. Other than buying another M42 adapter or using it wide open, can I adjust it so it is permanently pushed in?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
carefully glued is fine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should I use something like JB Weld or would you suggest something else? Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any kind of glue is ok what is capable to fix metal and dry fast.Just need to carefully do it, if going inside into the lens it will not works any more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I thought it could be done that way but wanted to check with others first. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody suggested long time ago another solution, I remember it was good , but I don't remember in details.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I found it...
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=4485&highlight=&sid=8742db08375b4e3ff20e4f68db0d482c
Take a look on Rick suggestion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atilla, that must have been driving you crazy for you to search for that link! I am glad you found it though Laughing I will be using the Qtip version so that this can be reversed if need be.
I am glad nobody charges a fee to be here, but I would pay if you did!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try first this thing: first put the aperture to widest possible say 3.5 and push the pin. Then set the aperture like 16 and try again. If there is really much difference in the force needed like that the 3.5 needs much more force, then the super glue could solution could damage the spring mechanism and eventually destroy it?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is late but I thought I'd mention it . . .
The Roxsen M42 to MD adapter I use for my Minolta keeps the stop down pin always depressed.
Personally I'm not keen on this, but could be a universal solution if you found the right one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again. Remember to examine what type the pin-aperture link is. I made a drawing -- >

I think fixing a "Fujinon" type can damage the mechanism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't necessarily need the q-tip solution, I used the insulation from electrical wire to do the same job on my Pentacon 29mm, its reversible and seems to hold the pin in place easily.