Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

We are in 2040 manual focus prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: We are in 2040 manual focus prices Reply with quote

New world record ? or search from the future.

I think it is a mistake, but that was funny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

more than a brand new ZEISS Milvus 50mm f/1.4 ZF lens and double the price of new old stock zeiss planar ZF Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do occasionally see totally nuts pricing on things!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, shipping is free...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they accidentally added a zero?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADDCollector wrote:
Maybe they accidentally added a zero?

Not necessarily. It seems to be "new old stock" (ten available, "new"). And some MF Nikkors in some places were really expensive, towards the end of their "official" availabilty. Marco Cavina reports that the Nikkor AiS 4/80-200mm offcially was listed for about 4'000'000 Italian Lira back in the 1990s. In 1996 that would have been about 3000 CHF...

http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Nikkor_80-200_story/00_pag.htm

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! What a difference. Could the cost have to do with where the lens was manufactured? Japan vs. China? New versions go for $460 in NY. Used versions much less . You would not expect that kind of difference in a "world market".

I have three copies. It is the only lens I have in multiple copies. I still prefer the 50 year old one for its smooth focus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the 0.10 Euro for?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the late/current run Nikkors. Nikon wanted something like $500 for them when they had them in stock.