Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 24-48/3.5-3.8, Pentax MX, Tri-X
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 24-48/3.5-3.8, Pentax MX, Tri-X Reply with quote

I put a roll of Tri-X through a new acquistion of mine -- a Pentax MX, using another relatively new acquisition, my Tamron Sp 24-48mm zoom. Just various stuff. I developed the Tri-X in D-76. Things came out quite grainy. Oh well, it is Tri-X, after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results! That's a useful zoom.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Tamron is only a 2x zoom, but it covers all the most used focal lengths in the wide-angle range. And its resolution is excellent -- which is not too easy to see with this grainy Tri-X.

There's a new film out now, called Ultrafine Xtreme, available in ISO 100 and 400 flavors, which boasts very small grain and great resolution. Plus, it is very inexpensive. I'm gonna order some ISO 100 in 135 and 120 and give it a workout. I really miss all the ISO 125 Plus-X Pan I shot (I had a lot of it, but eventually used it all). Here's a link to the Ultrafine stuff:

http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ulxtblwhfi.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite hiking lens.
So sorry to have sold mine pre mirrorless cameras
T