Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Documar 2.8/35mm question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Documar 2.8/35mm question Reply with quote

Hi forum members,

I saw a CZJ Documar 2.8/35mm for sale on a Chinese site, but I could not find any information about it. Such as produciton numbers,original price,technical specifications,etc. I have seen some Chinese document duplication lenses that performed very well.That is why I am interested in this lens assuming it could do equally well. The list price is in hundreds of US dollars.
If anyone knows more about it, please share with us. I will appreciate you help.

Cheers,

Zhang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps when you search for the correct name, Dokumar with a K, as you can read on the lens. On Klaus's site for instance:

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=273

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a lens for micro reproduction purposes ("micro fiche") made by Zeiss Jena.
Indeed, some data and images may be found on my macrolenses site. Usually
those have no variable aperture and fit those Dokumator machines once made for.
I have a few sitting since years unused in my collection.... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The lens has no aperture. The one show on the photo is installed on another barrel or only the ID ring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Yes. The lens has no aperture. The one show on the photo is installed on another barrel or only the ID ring.

Somehow reminds me on Meyer Domiplan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
It helps when you search for the correct name, Dokumar with a K, as you can read on the lens. On Klaus's site for instance:

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=273

Thanks! It is my fault. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
It is a lens for micro reproduction purposes ("micro fiche") made by Zeiss Jena.
Indeed, some data and images may be found on my macrolenses site. Usually
those have no variable aperture and fit those Dokumator machines once made for.
I have a few sitting since years unused in my collection.... Wink

I know that you have a gold mine of rare and expensive lenses. I think I may have the world largest 100x microscope objectives that many would just throw away as junk metals.