Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

nikon d3100 not sensing tamron adaptall rabbit ears mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: nikon d3100 not sensing tamron adaptall rabbit ears mount Reply with quote

Hallo,

today i mounted a tamron 75-250 on a nikon d3100 using an old adaptall 2 ring of the AI type, with rabbit ears.

Marking on the ring is N/AI and the ring was mounted correctly with the two flaps in the right position etc.

The camera kept complaining no lens was mounted. Ring clicked correctly into position when turned.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

With AI lenses the light metering system is entirely disabled. You'll have put the camera in M mode, set the aperture on the lens, then guess at a proper shutter speed & ISO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnarciso wrote:
Hello

With AI lenses the light metering system is entirely disabled. You'll have put the camera in M mode, set the aperture on the lens, then guess at a proper shutter speed & ISO

ty it worked. with a tamron adaptall 70 250 I will now obtain very good telephoto angles, and when I'm done with the cleaning of the 60 - 300 it will even be better