Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samples from Asahi Pentax SMC Shift 28 mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Samples from Asahi Pentax SMC Shift 28 mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

I was able to bag a Pentax SMC Shift 28 mm f/3.5 lens for about $275 (lucky me) in almost mint condition. Its pretty heavy lens so it sees less usage but certainly a great lens! Sharp across the frame and easy to use. Few samples (OOC JPEGS) when mounted on sony a7. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice images! Something special about the light, or maybe any PP you're doing. The contrast on those buildings is something different.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are out of camera jpegs so no processing. The strange contrast you see on the buildings are due to reflection of sunlight from the glass buildings. In Chicago you see this a lot!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photos! especially that one from sky(scraper?).
I also have this lens.
I fought to sell mine as I rarely use it. So I had to make some photos as reference. Went to city and...
decided not to sell it Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Krochmal wrote:
great photos! especially that one from sky(scraper?).
I also have this lens.
I fought to sell mine as I rarely use it. So I had to make some photos as reference. Went to city and...
decided not to sell it Smile

At least now you found out it was a really good lens before you sold it and then find out... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first posted pics I saw some CA.

Not at the last.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's a very good price for a shift. I was lucky enough to find one recently at around the same price. Don't forget to add the serial to the Pentaxforums serial database (http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-serial-number-database/?do=viewserials&id=168)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leoi wrote:
Don't forget to add the serial to the Pentaxforums serial database

Have again forgotten that I have this lens as well. Maybe I should use it sometimes. Wink
It's a real monster for a 28mm lens (large and heavy).

However, according to my records I've bought it January 2010 in London for GBP 299. At that time the GBP was very low and the actual price in Euro was therefore apprx. 330 which has still to be considered as a rather fair price. It's in a like new condition and the newer version.

Have just updated the database at Pentaxforums. Thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the Bus have a Bike on the front,has it swept up some unfortunate cyclist?? Love the Pictures,looks like a damn good Lens.