Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A used Carl Zeiss lens made for ASML
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: A used Carl Zeiss lens made for ASML Reply with quote

Hi lens collecotrs

It is the 1st time I saw this big lens offered for sale. I have collected some lithographic lenses for making computer chips, but never this huge.

Perhaps someone is interested? It is offered for RMB 55,000 IIRC.

I heard that the lastest ASML machine could cost about 100 million euro, and the Zeiss made lens could cost about 40-50% of the total price. That must be one of the most expensive Zeiss lenses. Images are borrowed from the seller. The tiny Chinese lithographic lens made in 1970's is from my collection.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I would buy it of course, yet the 90 degree light path makes it clumsy to attach a camera to it.
I see it already has atripod mount Wink Looks like a 248nm version to me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tempting, but I am not an early adopter. I will wait until A99 sample images are available.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buerokratiehasser wrote:
Very tempting, but I am not an early adopter. I will wait until A99 sample images are available.

Don't forget, it will show "quite" some CA if used for normal visible light Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add a few more images FYI. What you saw already seems only part of the whole lens. Knowleadgeable collectors would know what generations of the ASML machine used it. I am sure this is not that latest 40-50 million euro version.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEISS West at its best!! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nice, I would buy it of course, yet the 90 degree light path makes it clumsy to attach a camera to it.

Good for stealth shots though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would like to own such a lens, it is too expensive, and I have too many lenses and not enough room.
But thank you very much for showing this!