Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC II 1,4/58
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:41 am    Post subject: Minolta MC II 1,4/58 Reply with quote

This lens shines. I serviced her since the lenses surfaces facing the diaphragm were a little oily. Happy with the outcome.

[img]Le petit pâtre | The little sheperd by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]L'olivier | The olive tree by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]L'arche fumante | Smoking Arch by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats Photographer shines too! Most excellent results imho.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty amazing images.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if this lens is better than others. I am not sure. But I tend to increase my keepers rate when I use it.

I remember the same lens being the first I ever used on a SLR, a Minolta SRT 101 gift of my parents. The SRT and the lens disappeared long time ago. But I used the lens a lot. I did not had another one. I got some good pics at the time. I remember one a relative of mine asked me to offer in poster size. I was proud of that. That was 35 years ago. Now I bought back same lens. I paid attention to it opening it for cleaning some haze and I feel there is a kind of connection. As if my eyes remembered the framing of this lens. Curious.

[img]Crépuscule sur le Mont-Blanc | Mont-Blanc at dusk by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like one of the better lenses (did Minolta make any bad primes?).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It looks like one of the better lenses (did Minolta make any bad primes?).

Maybe over 200mm...