Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid. Reply with quote

I have added a condensed version of these pages for quick reference here. Hacksawbob correct as at 08/6/08
MFLenses Bad seller list
Role of Dishonour!

Public enemy No. 1
5 X member446885 Keith Rock. Items not as described, slow delivery, retaliatory feedback. AVOID

2 X kawa Slow delivery, no combined shiping/ poor customer service

2Xfoto432 Incorrect item, slow refund, not provided sshipping service paid for

monkeyforce100 Postage increased if low sell price.

mwclassic slow delivery



This is the third or more times I paied air mail shipment price, insured,signed-for , registered. I didn't noticed the seller I would AIR shipment because it was naturally for me. They took amount for air shipment and delivered on horse back it takes one month at least. What kind of seller this guys ? To get more 2 GBP doing this ?

Click here to see on Ebay Look his feedbacks!

Click here to see on Ebay Another "nice" guy!


Last edited by Attila on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2) Purchase a lens Nikkor 200mm f4 AIS from Vienna, Austria distance only 267 km delivery time took one month and he finally sent an AI ! lens instead of AIS. I asked him for 20EUR refund as price difference still looking my money!


I have also problem with this bad boy Evil or Very Mad foto432
I wait for a refund, he say he send money but nothing
I open dispute on ebay, he respond in 5 min every time saying I will get my money back and calm down
If I put a negative feedback he will do the same to me Mad
It is the reason why such guy stay with good reputation
You should make a sticky so we could warn at least member of MFlenses


PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Quote:
2) Purchase a lens Nikkor 200mm f4 AIS from Vienna, Austria distance only 267 km delivery time took one month and he finally sent an AI ! lens instead of AIS. I asked him for 20EUR refund as price difference still looking my money!


I have also problem with this bad boy Evil or Very Mad foto432
I wait for a refund, he say he send money but nothing
I open dispute on ebay, he respond in 5 min every time saying I will get my money back and calm down
If I put a negative feedback he will do the same to me Mad
It is the reason why such guy stay with good reputation
You should make a sticky so we could warn at least member of MFlenses


97.4% good feedback is bad for a regular seller - if I'd noticed that I'd have been very wary of dealing with him, but often we don't notice it until it's too late.

If he'd threatened me with a retaliatory neg I'd dob him in to ebay - they don't like that.


PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After one month lens is arrived from photo432 I bought an ais lens he sent me an ai lens I ask him for price difference he gave me back 20 EUR. That is ok.


PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Rock http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/member446885

described this as optically perfect



I returned the lens and then had to chase my refund through paypal We exchanged bad feedback first time I have ever done this I would advise you to avoid his auctions as he clearly has no idea about the optical condition of a lens
here is the bad feed back left for me.
Quote:
BEWARE SELLERS-LIES FROM WORST COMMS BUYER-BANNED FROM ALL MY AUCTIONS-AVOID!!!!


prick!

Also several members on manualfocus.org have a bad experience with him http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?pid=67766#p67766


PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
Keith Rock http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/member446885
...
prick!

I was going to ask you people about an eBay seller and it happened to be this fellow Surprised

He has a lot of items on eBay with description ends with '=NO RESERVE='.

I asked him 3 times for the shipping cost. No response received.
Prick. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, I decided I will never buy any from this '=NO RESERVE=' guy.

Cheers
Ed


PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
Keith Rock http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/member446885

described this as optically perfect


him http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?pid=67766#p67766



I had a similar experience with this guy. OPT. PERFECT, the lens had fungus clearly visible. Luckily i was able to clean it, and I won it soo cheap it wasnt worth sending back for a refund which he did offer.


PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esrods wrote:
hacksawbob wrote:
Keith Rock http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/member446885
...
prick!

I was going to ask you people about an eBay seller and it happened to be this fellow Surprised

He has a lot of items on eBay with description ends with '=NO RESERVE='.

I asked him 3 times for the shipping cost. No response received.
Prick. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, I decided I will never buy any from this '=NO RESERVE=' guy.

Cheers
Ed


One to avoid, by what I read of him. A google search on his name brings up several pissed-off customers.


PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/monkeyforce100

If item went on low price he increase postage cost more than 2x more...


PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add seller kawaphoto to this list. I was going to buy several M42 to EOS adapters from them. The listing said to contact for combined shipping. So, the reply I get back directs me to their website and states for combined shipping, does not apply to ebay but if you buy from them at 4 times the cost they will combine the shipping charges. Very bad seller in my opinion to advertised combined shipping then do a "bait & switch" method of selling!!! I sent the email to eBay for investigation as well.


PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty!


PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm too, nice seller with large choices.


PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!


PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with mwclassic? I purchased a lens from them five days ago, have sent them three emails and so far no response. Not saying they are a bad seller, but interested to hear of any experiences with them?


PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about him, but I met some nasty trick, if I won on low price sellers doesn't responded to my mails even if I sent 2-3 or more and ?! One month later they reported me as unpaid bidder Shocked
I am afraid my Leica Macro will not mine ever, seller also not response at all.


PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: [b] Member446885[b] Reply with quote

Member446885 is at his old tricks. After months I finally had to leave a bad rating and he has done the revenge thing although I paid him immediately. Also known as Rocky Rock Cameras. Avoid him like the plague. I cannot believe that ebay allows people like him to continue. Similar experiences over on the Manual Forum.


patrickh


PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Member446885 is at his old tricks. After months I finally had to leave a bad rating and he has done the revenge thing although I paid him immediately. Also known as Rocky Rock Cameras. Avoid him like the plague. I cannot believe that ebay allows people like him to continue. Similar experiences over on the Manual Forum.


I also have bad experience with this guy. About four years ago, he was a good seller and offering everything as described. Later on, there was always mail loss and also no response if you ask for checking. Later on, I found also unaccurate descriptions, like lenses with fungus are always described as "Optically mint". Don't trust him anymore. He got too many comment, and he don't care even other posts him a bad one.

Do you guys have similar experience with Rock?

Very Happy


PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poilu
Apparently not. He used capitals to state I am "banned from bidding". This is a real piece of garbage.


patrickh


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm doing ebay searches I always exclude Member446885 using the Advanced Search, as I'm fed up with his shitty ads coming up and I wouldn't deal with him at all in any case.


PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Does anyone have experience with mwclassic? I purchased a lens from them five days ago, have sent them three emails and so far no response. Not saying they are a bad seller, but interested to hear of any experiences with them?


The lens arrived today, after 14 days and 4 unanswered emails. I was just starting to consider opening a non-delivery dispute.


PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simoncdchuck wrote:
Quote:
Member446885 is at his old tricks. After months I finally had to leave a bad rating and he has done the revenge thing although I paid him immediately. Also known as Rocky Rock Cameras. Avoid him like the plague. I cannot believe that ebay allows people like him to continue. Similar experiences over on the Manual Forum.


I also have bad experience with this guy. About four years ago, he was a good seller and offering everything as described. Later on, there was always mail loss and also no response if you ask for checking. Later on, I found also unaccurate descriptions, like lenses with fungus are always described as "Optically mint". Don't trust him anymore. He got too many comment, and he don't care even other posts him a bad one.

Do you guys have similar experience with Rock?

Very Happy


I got an "optically perfect" fungus lens from him too but he refunded Razz


PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad309 wrote:
You can add seller kawaphoto to this list. I was going to buy several M42 to EOS adapters from them. The listing said to contact for combined shipping. So, the reply I get back directs me to their website and states for combined shipping, does not apply to ebay but if you buy from them at 4 times the cost they will combine the shipping charges. Very bad seller in my opinion to advertised combined shipping then do a "bait & switch" method of selling!!! I sent the email to eBay for investigation as well.


I've bought a couple of items from Kawa without any hassle, but that's not to say I wasn't just lucky! I have also bought adapters and the like from virtualvillageusa and they are a friendly helpful bunch with reasonable prices but their shipping speed is glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacial!!!! Shocked


PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an adapter from kawa for the lense I'm getting from Attila. I would have bought a few but they wouldn'y combine shipping as someone else mentioned. I thought they would send it priority mail but no, they are sending it snail mail.


PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just avarage liar Sad


PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe I complained to soon. I ordered it last Wednesday and I got it in the mail today. I still don't like the fact that they talk about combined shipping then won't do it.