Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arriflex Standard to m4/3 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Arriflex Standard to m4/3 adapter Reply with quote

Happened upon this economy (i.e., cheap) adapter while shopping for same. This one from Amazon is less expensive than the adapters on eBay:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BBPIJC4/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Acknowledgement:

This adapter might not offer outcomes equal to those obtainable with adapters costing two or three times as much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapter arrived yesterday. It was shipped from California, so the shipping wait was minimal.

It is made by Pixco, and I'm quite pleased overall. The adapter offers a surprisingly good fit onto my fifty-year-old lens. Only problem is that the anti-rotation tongue, inside the adapter and made of metal, is not of sufficient length to reach the slot in my (Angenieux) lens. After investigation:

Others have reported this shortcoming. Looking on the internet at Angenieux lenses, and at other lenses having ARRI standard mounts, it can be seen that the anti-rotation slots start at varying depths. Thus, the tongue length of this adapter would work for some such lenses. I have contacted Pixco. If they are unable to assist I will have to fab up a new, longer, tongue. It is a simple item. Really, even as is, the adapter does not have a strong tendency to rotate. With a longer tongue, of course, it will not rotate at all.