Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do you use as a finder with this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: What do you use as a finder with this? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay.de

I think it is sort of a surveillance camera or something?

But where is the finder? It's 90mm on 35mm film so it has to be somewhat accurate. Is there a cold shoe finder that the "inspector" puts in his pocket after pointing it to the right direction or what?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like these do not need a finder, they're being used in a fixed position to take the same photo again and again. Like passing cars in a closed parking area, border protection or similar things. Maybe even an old speed-camera?

Just guessing though......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Looks like these do not need a finder, they're being used in a fixed position to take the same photo again and again. Like passing cars in a closed parking area, border protection or similar things. Maybe even an old speed-camera?

Just guessing though......

That does sound likely, but there where cold shoe finders for cameras, I was very tempted to get a multiple focal length turreted one from a friends estate last month. I didn't really have a use for it though & it probably increased the value of the lovely rangefinder kit it was with.
Something similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-UNIVERSAL-Soviet-USSR-TURRET-VIEWFINDER-28mm-135-Leica-Fed-Zorki-Contax-46-/172473725147?hash=item28283c30db:g:lgIAAOSwXeJYHta7

The somewhat less elegant sports viewfinder http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leica-Leitz-ROSOL-Shoe-Mount-Sports-Finder-Viewfinder-w-Case-50mm-90mm-135mm-/291970467979?hash=item43facbc88b:g:-kkAAOSwKOJYI6oH would also be an option.

These days you can mount a laser to the hot shoe to assist in framing. I was considering this for IR work before getting a modified camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, or you can use an old pocket rangefinder -- I used to own one made by Voigtlander -- come to think of it, it might have had a cold shoe. I don't recall anymore. Anyway, use one of these and transfer the setting to the lens, dial in some depth of field on the lens, and Bob's your uncle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably something similar to Leica MD series.