Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4 VS Prakticar question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4 VS Prakticar question Reply with quote

The Praktica B mount branded as Prakticar 2,4/35 MC Carl Zeiss Jena lens....is it the same as the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4??? or a are they different/same /not as good
if the same i have a feeling the one that not say flektogon on it will be cheaper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4 VS Prakticar questio Reply with quote

davev8app wrote:
The Praktica B mount branded as Prakticar 2,4/35 MC Carl Zeiss Jena lens....is it the same as the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4??? or a are they different/same /not as good
if the same i have a feeling the one that not say flektogon on it will be cheaper

Construction wise they are the same lenses. The CZJ branded lens is the older one with a production date before 1971 and most probably in M42 mount. The Prakticar branded lens is from the late 70's or 80's and because of the not so common B-mount most probably the cheaper one. IMHO the coating and lubricating of the newer lens is the better one. In general the old post war CZJ lenses are prone to stuck apertures and stiff focus because of bad lubricating. Therefore from a practical point of view and if you don't have problems with the B-mount I would recommend the newer Prakticar lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4 VS Prakticar questio Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
davev8app wrote:

Construction wise they are the same lenses. The CZJ branded lens is the older one with a production date before 1971 and most probably in M42 mount. The Prakticar branded lens is from the late 70's or 80's and because of the not so common B-mount most probably the cheaper one. IMHO the coating and lubricating of the newer lens is the better one. In general the old post war CZJ lenses are prone to stuck apertures and stiff focus because of bad lubricating. Therefore from a practical point of view and if you don't have problems with the B-mount I would recommend the newer Prakticar lens.

thats good, so they are optically similar with the later lens having better coatings ..thats good ..i have seen some very good reports for the Flek so was hoping the Praktica was the same...i see B to EOS adaptors are available..with one of those on the back it can go on a DSLR or my M2 with the EF to M adaptor .........thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good chance your adapter won't give you infinity focus, only a 0.4mm difference in the Eos and praktica flange and it quite hard to machine a good quality adapter that thin, also another reason the praktica versions are cheaper.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
There's a good chance your adapter won't give you infinity focus, only a 0.4mm difference in the Eos and praktica flange and it quite hard to machine a good quality adapter that thin, also another reason the praktica versions are cheaper.

i see.... there are 2 adapters on the bay that claim infinity focus ...they are a bit more expensive, i assumed that was due to being less popular mount ..maybe its partly the cost of machining