Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New old stock Helios 44M-7 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see any signs of forgery.
The lens looks exactly as it should.
And even there is one additional sign in favor of the fact that the lens is genuine - dark blades. Until 1992, they were made shiny, without blacking.
I have no idea why such a disparity in weight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very good news. According to the seller, this lens came from Russia and is supposed to be new. Perhaps they are using plastic for more parts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44M-7? Reply with quote

I have one exactly like yours, purchased from another Ebay seller. Serial number 931073xx, so produced slightly before yours. Same six blade aperture, although not blackened. Exactly same exterior look, same dials, same positioning of screws, and ... tadaaaa! - same weight 236g. So either they have a serial production of exactly the same fake, or they are indeed genuine version 7 lenses. I am no expert, but I would say much points to them being genuine.

Beaverbush wrote:
To answer D.P's question, here are pictures of the lens. It has 6 bladed aperture, 52mm filter ring, straight M42 mount, no auto/manual switch, two holes on the face plate. It weighs 236 grams which is not on anyone's scale. The eBay seller is Jovanie de la Cruz, screen name dalvertu. New pictures replace earlier insertion.