Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Springs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Springs! Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of a source for the tiny springs used behind focus ring click-stop ball bearings. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the ball bearings too?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balls are no problem. Easy to find on ebay. Usually sold in different sizes in packets of 10 or so, all for pennies, free shipping from China or Hong Kong. As for tiny springs, I don't know. Maybe also available from the same chinese sources?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies,Ball bearings I have sourced.Springs wise there is a supplier of Micro-springs on Ebay I have found.JUst specify dimensions etc.Sold as packs of 20 .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who need click stops Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could use a source for small springs as well. I'm missing one that's about 2mm in diameter and about 4mm long that is used to engage the slow speed escapement on my Pentax MX. Without the spring, I don't have speeds slower than 1/15.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also looking for some. My plan is to try McMaster-Carr (in USA, https://www.mcmaster.com/#compression-springs/=17b8bxn), since they seem to have some that can compress to around 2mm which might be enough or it might be possible to shorten them.

If a vendor like that doesn't cut it, you might want to look into making your own. I found this introduction video pretty useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAawhg6JtyY