Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Crappy M42 / NEX adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Crappy M42 / NEX adapters Reply with quote

Right now i have 3 M42 adapters, and none of them is good. With one of them my lenses focus way beyond infinity, one is a real pain in adjusting the right position (it always comes loose again) and another is wobbly....

Okay, they were all cheapo, and one i got with a lens. But it's no fun using M42 lenses like this.

Now i thought i'd spend some money and get me one good adapter: i found a Fotodiox for just under 30 euros. Are these worth the money? Compared to 5 euros for a Chinese one i think it's expensive, but if it is trouble free, it's worth the money for me.

Anyone have it?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the wobble between the adaptor and lens, or the adaptor and camera? The standard Sony lens mount is crap, especially for people who change lenses + adaptors a lot. I fitted a Fotodiox Tough E mount, and it's excellent, tighter than the original and no wear at all after a lot of hard use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOUGH-E-Mount-Fotodiox-Pro-Replacement/dp/B00OI8WK1M

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I fitted a Fotodiox Tough E mount,

I thought about getting one of these, thanks for the input! I do have some adapters that have some play at the mount, indeed.
Maybe i'll combine it with their M42 adapter.