Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frosty morning with Visionar 1.6/100mm + Speedbooster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Frosty morning with Visionar 1.6/100mm + Speedbooster Reply with quote

Sunny but frosty early morning as seen through a Zeiss Jena Visionar 1.6/100mm + Speedbooster...

Last edited by kds315* on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely early winter sunny day colors!
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1
Visionar 100mm and Speed Booster seem to fit very well. In this combination is the way I like to use my Visionar 100mm, too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

dan_ wrote:
Lovely early winter sunny day colors!
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1
Visionar 100mm and Speed Booster seem to fit very well. In this combination is the way I like to use my Visionar 100mm, too.

Indeed Dan, works very well, needs focus adjustment though, but easy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos, I especialy like the #3!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, #3 for me too Like 1 small

Nicely done Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa...fantastic pics!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the colours of #4. You mention using a speedbooster with it - on a camera with which sensor size, may I ask?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

dickb wrote:
I really like the colours of #4. You mention using a speedbooster with it - on a camera with which sensor size, may I ask?

0.7x Speedboster on m4/3 camera (Lumix)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. So many lenses, cameras and now speedbooster combinations to experiment with Smile

I had once hoped that a Canon EF to Sony E speedbooster would work well on a full frame Sony camera with lenses with sufficiently large image circles, such as my EF converted Canon 35/2.8 TS lens. Unfortunately the speedbooster design limits the image circle. Perhaps the announced Kipon medium format focal reducers could be made to work with suitable lenses such a an FD 300/2.8, a 200/2 would be fun. Or does anyone know of a Canon EF to Sony E focal reducer that limits the image circle less than the Speedbooster?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
Thanks. So many lenses, cameras and now speedbooster combinations to experiment with Smile

I had once hoped that a Canon EF to Sony E speedbooster would work well on a full frame Sony camera with lenses with sufficiently large image circles, such as my EF converted Canon 35/2.8 TS lens. Unfortunately the speedbooster design limits the image circle. Perhaps the announced Kipon medium format focal reducers could be made to work with suitable lenses such a an FD 300/2.8, a 200/2 would be fun. Or does anyone know of a Canon EF to Sony E focal reducer that limits the image circle less than the Speedbooster?

Did you understand the concept of the Speedbooster correctly Dick? It is meant to reduce the image circle of a 24x36mm format lens with 43mm image diameter to one of a smaller format (APS-C or m4/3 for instance) with some 30mm image diameter, hence by 0.7x and at the same time increase the speed by 1/0.7x = 1.42 through thise light concentration. This IS the intended "design", hence saying "Unfortunately the speedbooster design limits the image circle" is, well, name it yourself... Wink

And what btw. does that have to do with my threat here? It is about the 100mm Visionar, not the speedbooster... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am well aware of the intended design of the Speedbooster, Klaus. However, I like experimenting and using things in ways they weren't designed for. A bit like using a projection lens for image capture Wink

So while all focal reducers reduce the image circle that doesn't mean that all focal reducers perform in the same way when you use them outside of their intended parameters. There may well be 0.7x focal reducers that produce a larger than 30mm image diameter if you feed it an 80mm image diameter f.i.

Anyway, it doesn't have much to do with this thread. It is about the 100mm Visionar combined with a speedbooster, and now we know it's the 0.7x MFT one. Have fun taking pictures with projection lenses, I know I do as well Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:

Some experiments here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXm_B1dSq0I
Also, if you like square crop photos, then many lenses should work, so long as there is no baffle on the rear of the focal reducer

Also thread here
http://forum.mflenses.com/why-there-are-almost-no-tries-of-lens-turbo-on-a7-7r-t65044.html