Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Serviced 1965 LEICA M2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Serviced 1965 LEICA M2 Reply with quote

I had my 1965 LEICA M2 serviced for erratic slow speeds fault -- I went out into Brentwood loaded with 1999 dated Kodak T-Max 100 which I processed in Rodinal 1+50 for 13 mins @ 20oC. LENS was my 1966 Canadian Leitz 35mm f1.4 Summilux . I used mostly at f2.8 in the shade and f4 outside in sunny light.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set there the 1999 Kodak film doesn't seem to have deteriorated at all, was it stored in a fridge do you know prior to use ? I recently have picked up a Leica m2 also a 1960 version. believe as is usual some of the slower shutter speeds occasionally stick but seems to be working ok will get it CLA'd at some point, put a roll of Kodak tri X through it recently and took it into lab to get it processed as wanted to use this as a test and compare what results I would get when I process the film and scan myself, the scan seems rather contrasty but not having used Tri x before don't know if this is usual results it's been a few years since I have shot with film having moved on into the digital age.