Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

35.5mm to 49mm step up ring for Trioplan 50mm f2.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: 35.5mm to 49mm step up ring for Trioplan 50mm f2.9 Reply with quote

Hi,
this lens http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1294.html comes with an unusual 35.5mm filter thread.
I managed to find a lens cap but now I need a step up ring, so that I can use the Raynox close up filter.

I could not find anywhere such a 35.5mm to 49mm, or to that matter any step up ring from 35.5mm to XXmm.

Any suggestions on how to work around this problem?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/M35-5x0-5-M52x0-75-filter-step-up-Kiev-16U/dp/B00ONWJ9QW
Rafcamera has them for 52mm, used a step down ring to 49mm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-metal-lens-filter-step-up-ring-35-5-49-mm-adapter-ring-for-dslr-camera-lens-/161099955830?hash=item25824e3e76:g:BrAAAMXQV0BSJgj0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why a close up filter instead of an extension tube?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

I would like to use filters, but 35.5mm is an unusual filter diameter. So I need to step up to at least 49mm.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
woodrim wrote:

I would like to use filters, but 35.5mm is an unusual filter diameter. So I need to step up to at least 49mm.
Cheers.

What I meant was why not extension at the other end to give you close up? Extend the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
wolan wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Cheers.

What I meant was why not extension at the other end to give you close up? Extend the lens.

oh, got it. This is what I do now. With the Raynox filter is just easier to put it and remove it when you need, without detaching the lens.

By the way, I bought a cheap helicoid adapter for this lens. Works fine, but does not get very close.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite follow what you've done with the lens. Is that an Altix mount? What camera do you use? A longer helicoid will give you the close focusing/macro.

I have a second Altix mount Trioplan that I'm going to adapt for closer focusing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I don't quite follow what you've done with the lens. Is that an Altix mount? What camera do you use? A longer helicoid will give you the close focusing/macro.

I have a second Altix mount Trioplan that I'm going to adapt for closer focusing.

I could not remember and I had to check the purchase history on my ebay account.
My kit is composed of the following elements:
- Trioplan with Altix mount
- Altix to M39 adapter
- M39 to Leica M mount adapter
- Leica M L/M lens to Fujifilm X-Pro1 Mount Adapter E1 FX Macro Focusing Helicoid

Assembling everything together I get infinity focus and close up distances without problem, although not so close as I want.
The helicoid is a cheap one but it does its job.
N.