Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica-R Elmar 100mm f4 Macro - Helicoid version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Leica-R Elmar 100mm f4 Macro - Helicoid version Reply with quote

So - I have recently acquired this lens, and it's presenting a problem.
For some reason, it won't focus to infinity on my camera - an Olympus EM1.

I'm using a Kent Faith Leica-R to MFT adaptor.
The adaptor has a flange depth of 27.75mm.
The adaptor has been tested on someone else camera, with someone else's Leica R lenses, and it seems to work ok.

But me - I can only get objects in focus up to maybe 20 feet away, and that's it.

The lens seems to turn as I'd expect - it's maybe not quite as slick as my Takumar lenses - but turns well enough.
I'm not familiar with Leitz, or Leica lenses, so unsure what it should be like - but it seems to turn fine to me, and stops turning at bang on the infinity symbol.
Turning the lens the other way as far as it goes - it stops at almost a full revolution - maybe 340 degrees or so - not a full revolution but not far off.

So - any idea what could be causing this issue?
Lens seems to function well other than this.

It looks like this...

Last edited by Ludwig on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as if it not really a Leica-R version!?