Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help servicing CZJ Biotar 58
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Need help servicing CZJ Biotar 58 Reply with quote

Hi folks,

i'm new here Smile

I recently had the opportunity to buy a CZJ Biotar 58 with some stiff focus and a bit of haze on front lens and i'd like service it by myself.

I didn't find a proper disassembly guide so i'm quite on the blind.

Since there are no screws, I assumed it would be better to start opening it from the back. I tried to remove the outer spanner ring you see in the back of the lens, it got apparently loose but it keeps turning and don't come off.

Could someone please help me figuring out next steps?

Thanks in advance,

Michele

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Michele, this may help: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,211370.html#211370

Tomas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Tomas,

I haven't been around much lately so pardon me if i'm answering only now...

Unfortunately my sample was a bit different from yours, with no screws on outer "shell" so I had to figure out a different way to dissassemble it.
Got some insights from another "how-to" found elsewhere

Anyway, thanks for your kind help!

Michele

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michele.tardivo wrote:
Ciao Tomas,

Unfortunately my sample was a bit different from yours, with no screws on outer "shell" so I had to figure out a different way to dissassemble it.

Michele

Yes i know, a serviced some different variants of the Boitar, the method for the ones with the focusing limiter screw inside the barrel is basicaly the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
michele.tardivo wrote:
Ciao Tomas,

Michele

Yes i know, a serviced some different variants of the Boitar, the method for the ones with the focusing limiter screw inside the barrel is basicaly the same.

The most difficult part while trying to disassemble my sample was to identify which ring kept focusing ring attached to lens assembly.
Once identified the correct ring - when lens is fully assembled it is buried deep down inside barrel itself - i had to modify a tweezer to be able to reach it and unscrew it.