Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UK camera / lens CLA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: UK camera / lens CLA Reply with quote

Miles H Whitehead Photographic Engineer Services
Miles H Whitehead Photographic Engineer
59 Barleycorn
Leybourne
West Malling
Kent
ME19 5PS
England

tel:-
web address:- www.MWCamerarepairs.co.uk/
e-mail:- MWCamerarepairs@aol.com

(thanks member Excalibur!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this sticky. I`ve used Miles twice now, once for my 85mm 1.8 RE Auto Topcor which I was loathe to send abroad, it had stiff focus and some fungus and he did a superb job. The other was a hazy Summaron 35mm 3.5. Quick turnaround on both.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
Thanks for this sticky. I`ve used Miles twice now, once for my 85mm 1.8 RE Auto Topcor which I was loathe to send abroad, it had stiff focus and some fungus and he did a superb job. The other was a hazy Summaron 35mm 3.5. Quick turnaround on both.

Great to hear it worked so well for such an expensive and rare lens (have it, too)!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is highly recommended:
http://forum.mflenses.com/recommended-uk-camera-repair-engineer-digital-and-classic-t49183.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Macca wrote:

Great to hear it worked so well for such an expensive and rare lens (have it, too)!!

I had to trust someone with it eventually, it was stored and not getting used much. I also noted the fungus was spreading so had to trust someone. He removed it all and apart from the tiniest residual peripheral coating mark which is only visible with a torch/magification, it`s all good to go. Not had the best weather to get out with it but will soon.He CLA`d it too.

£50 plus postage from Miles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add:- Miles hasn't the optical equipment to correct a de-centred lens....but there isn't much else he cannot do if he can get the parts.