Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Which adapter? Reply with quote

Can anyone help me in identifying this adapter. The one hand is clearly a male M42, but the other side is a female thread mount with a diameter of +/- 43.3 mm, but I do not know which. Where P stands for Pentax, which is C? Any idea? Idea Question

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Soligor lenses, with tread I thought is M42, but it is very close to what you have describe. Have no idea what camera could except this tread. One lens is 105- f2,8, another 28- f2,8, both are old, from 70th. You can make some two turns on the M42 mount and it stocks. Looks like adapter would fit those lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an auto extension tube, but you say it's bigger than M42... ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigma Y-S to m42 adapter?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought this adapter there was a totally unknown lens 35mm 2.8 attached to it. The rear element had a diameter of about 1 inch and stood out for about 1,5 cm. As I wasn't interested in the lens I didn't buy it. At first I thought of a C-mount.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
I have two Soligor lenses, with tread I thought is M42, but it is very close to what you have describe. Have no idea what camera could except this tread. One lens is 105- f2,8, another 28- f2,8, both are old, from 70th. You can make some two turns on the M42 mount and it stocks. Looks like adapter would fit those lenses.

Your almost M42 thread sound just like a T2 thread to me T2 is 42mm x 0.75 pitch while M42 has a 1mm pitch.
The two are often confused even with Chinese adapter manufacturers who sometimes label T2 as M42 without showing the pitch.

T2 thread are common in telescopes, and also used in lenses that can be adapted to multiple mounts as T2 has a flange focal distance of 55mm - longer than all 35mm SLRs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you DConvert!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raxar wrote:
sigma Y-S to m42 adapter?

I think you're right. YS mounts (used by Sigma, Sun, Polaris and others) are like T2 mounts but with auto diaphragm and (sometimes, but not with this one) strap-on external meter coupling.