Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fomapan 100 on Pentax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Fomapan 100 on Pentax Reply with quote

A short trip upriver yesterday afternoon with my son.
I took this image with Fomapan 100 and Red filter.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice B&W landscape!

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 nice to see you having a break from digi.....and hope you weren't in digi mode and machine gunned through a roll of film to get that shot Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Minolfan and Excalibur

Excalibur wrote:
Like 1 nice to see you having a break from digi.....and hope you weren't in digi mode and machine gunned through a roll of film to get that shot Wink

Hahaha - no, the reason that I have gone back to film, is that I enjoy the opportunity to slow down and build an image in my head piece by piece, and then construct it in camera.
In two hours last Friday evening I took seven shots, and could easily have stopped at four as I feel that I wasted three of them.
Even when I shoot film on my Canon T90, it is the slow-go for me, even thought the camera is capable of 4-5 frames per second.
I posted some images on Manual Lenses forum from the T90, and these were part of a single roll of film that I took all day to shoot
I am enjoying the process as much as the finished product.
Happy snaps
OH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Excalibur wrote:

Hahaha - no, the reason that I have gone back to film, is that I enjoy the opportunity to slow down and build an image in my head piece by piece, and then construct it in camera.
In two hours last Friday evening I took seven shots, and could easily have stopped at four as I feel that I wasted three of them.
Even when I shoot film on my Canon T90, it is the slow-go for me, even thought the camera is capable of 4-5 frames per second.
I posted some images on Manual Lenses forum from the T90, and these were part of a single roll of film that I took all day to shoot
Happy snaps
OH

Well I only use film and the same as you (and many other filmies) in that I only take a shot if it's worth taking......a digi guy would probably bang away at anything Wink and some think nothing of taking 2000 shots in a week's holiday. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Excalibur wrote:

Happy snaps
OH

Well I only use film and the same as you (and many other filmies) in that I only take a shot if it's worth taking......a digi guy would probably bang away at anything Wink and some think nothing of taking 2000 shots in a week's holiday. Rolling Eyes

Here is an image that seems to sum up my current picture making
Smile
OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Excalibur wrote:

Happy snaps
OH

Here is an image that seems to sum up my current picture making
Smile
OH

Laugh 1 Excellent OH....OR full frame film camera with VG lens £30-50 and A7-II with kit lens £1600
So you can use the film camera just now and again, but paying out for the Sony it seems ridiculous (IMO) just to take a few shots a month so it has to be 1000's before it becomes obsolete or breaks down....and how many shots that are taken are winners Wink
Of course if you are a pro or advanced amateur and esp money is no object for a hobby, then you get what you like. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing what you can get away with using B\W film.....as no one cares if it's not digi squeaky clean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleRW-xXsJI&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot another roll of Fomapan 100 on the Pentax 67.
Rated at 50ISO
Happy with the results.
My primitive convert to digital could be better, however here is a sample.
Pentax 67 with Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 75mm f4.5
Negative to positive conversion in LR6 and enhancements in NIK
OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Worth wet feet!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Like 1
Worth wet feet!

Thank you Minolfan
I tried to stay as dry as possible, but it started to rain about 30 minutes later. Smile
Here are a couple more from the same roll.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and subject matter.
I especially like the second one with the shadows and reflections on the water.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nice photos and subject matter.
I especially like the second one with the shadows and reflections on the water.

Thank you uddhava.
Here is one of the last from that roll.
Taken with red filter and Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 45mm
OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day - another couple of shots.
Pentax 67 with red filter and Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 45mm.
A wonderful lens and camera combo.
Mirror lock up is a definite plus with this camera Smile
OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Nice pictures again!

Thank you Minolfan.
The reason that I have gone back to film is that it forces me to be thoughtful in my composition.
I take far fewer images, but I am happier with more of what I take.
I can spend all day taking and creating images, and only end up with a roll or two.
On 120 film, this is 10-20 shots.
On top of that I really like monochrome
OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful scenery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Beautiful scenery

Thank you Karen.
I am enjoying my image making more and more.
OH