Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron QZ 250M tripod mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Tamron QZ 250M tripod mount Reply with quote

Anyone know of a good tripod mount solution for this lovely old lens. This is a cracker, I paid under ten quid for it delivered on a punt and what a nice surprise.

I also found a fantastic way of restoring the rubber grips to as new condition and I mean as new. I rolled them off the lens, soaked them in some stuff called 'Astonish' mould and mildew remover, then gave them a good clean with an old electric tooth brush. Rinse off and dry with a hairdryer and roll back on, I could not believe the difference, all that chalky, dusty looking residue is gone and the rubber positively shines, amazing. I'm going to set about all my other lenses with this stuff now

But i do want to find a tripod mount for it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens, I am pretty sure, is the same size barrel as the 52A 70-210mm, 300mm 54B et al. There is a tamron TM of the era which will fit if you look around*.

However an alternative is to mod one of the readily available TM rings from China. The 65-66mm one just needs a certain amount of packing or modding as per this thread:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114-maintenance-repair-articles/238879-modding-chinese-other-tripod-mounts-fit-eg-adaptall-lenses.html

*I have one spare....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Marcus, I'll have a look around for the Tamron one first I think. Great work on that link by the way, that has to have helped loads of people,excellent.

Steve.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Tamron tripod mount will do 60mm to 66mm dia.