Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kipon Medium Format speedbooster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Kipon Medium Format speedbooster Reply with quote

Kipon Medium Format speedbooster is on the market. Approx $400 sales price.

Here a guy whio used it wis a Habla 110mm Planar:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/melting_bloke/sets/72157669191833173

Looks interesting....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one may works well with a macro-kilar 90 converted to Hasselblad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of interesting that with the same lens, it should actually give a wider field of view than most digital medium format cameras
The crop factor there is more like 0.79x and not 0.7x

Maybe one day they can make one for the Fuji medium format mirrorless camera as well
To make it more similar to 6x7 lol

Interesting samples, some of these samples look a bit like a 'cheaper' version of the 75 Summilux (less vignetting but not as sharp and probably not as buttery smooth blur because of the focal reducer)

Probably not that great to use in practice, just too damn long and front heavy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody tried the adapter ?
I'm very interested in getting one for a mirrorless system, but I heard that infinity focus might be impossible to get...

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, but I do not use it as intended Smile
So I can not help you with your question.
I use it for example on a Canon FD 400mm f/2.8 L, FD 300mm f/2.8 L, Wollensak 6 inch/2.5 (likely Kodak Aero Ektar sister), Rubinar 500mm f/5.6, Meyer Diaplan 100mm f/2.8 and other lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post or link to some shots you have taken with it? What camera are you shooting with? Thanks