Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mark a correct hint/answer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Mark a correct hint/answer Reply with quote

Hi @ll,

I don't now, if this was something you guys+girls already have discussed before,
but I would like to know your opinions on this:

Let's say, someone opens a thread, asks something and gets many hints, suggestions etc.
but actually only one hint/answer helps him to solve it.

Is it possible to mark that correct answer
(e.g by colorizing it, or something like http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2013/09/11/marking-posts-as-correct-or-helpful-on-the-adobe-forums/) ?

IMO, that would be a huge help for other people in the future.

@Atilla
Is this technically doable at all?

Kind regards
Hasan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were stars "recommended" etc before but can't find them any more?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think a simple reply to thread, saying which solved it would be enough. On many occasions the other suggestions may not have applied in that case, but might still be valid possibilities for others in the same boat, and wouldn't be wrong.

Forum threads often become a resource of useful information to many others & not just of relevance to the OP.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
I would think a simple reply to thread, saying which solved it would be enough.

Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Forum threads often become a resource of useful information to many others & not just of relevance to the OP.

That's true. Sometimes is more than that. The OP is asking a technical question because he doesn't know the answer and he has little expertise in the area. This makes him the last to correctly judge which answer is more accurate.
In other cases there is not a single relevant answer/suggestion and the thread as a whole offers the solution to the problem.
Other threads are rising debates and those debates are, as a whole, relevant to the question asked by the OP.

I think the "stars system" was good enough as a way for the OP and any other member of the forum to point to what they think is the most useful contribution to a thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
I think the "stars system" was good enough as a way for the OP and any other member of the forum to point to what they think is the most useful contribution to a thread.

I think that was used with the photo competition system too? Where did it go?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the forum migrated few years ago, the new system didn't offer the stars anymore but permitted us to continue to exchange and appreciate our old MF lenses passion (which consumes a lot of Téraoctets' space).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I'm new to this forum (hi everyone) and it would be helpful to mark the "most accurate/correct" answer on each thread to save us some time! Cheers