Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sharp wide open 135mm under 50 euros?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the question was 135 f2.8 lens, sharp @ f2.8 for under 10 euros..I'd recommend the Palinar pre set lens:-

@ f2.8 on film click on picture to look better

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I've used the Pentacon. With sonnar optics. Maybe not quite as sharp at 2.8 as others, however that can be a desirable characteristic, a design feature rather than a defect... I would also say the performance stopped down a little is much better than those other non-sonnar designs. Sonnar bokek and drawing characteristics are well known...

There are many many Vivitar variations, some better than others...

What kinds of in the "dark" video -- of still subjects, moving animals at daybreak & dusk, non-moon-astro? If for Astro, 135mm may be too long to use on non-tracking tripod...

A 135/3.5 Takumar in M42 mount usn't much slower, is very sharp from wide open, there are preset models good for video due to continuous aperture control, the cost is low. Super- models have better coatings, with the Super-Multi-Coating being the best in M42 mount.
may you give me some example please? thx a lot!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=10&filtro[tipo]=&filtro[obiettivo]=135mm+f%2F3%2C5&filtro[apertura_minima]=]AOHC.IT: M42x1 Telephoto Takumar lenses for Asahi Pentax cameras

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
=10&filtro[tipo]=&filtro[obiettivo]=135mm+f%2F3%2C5&filtro[apertura_minima]=]AOHC.IT: M42x1 Telephoto Takumar lenses for Asahi Pentax cameras

at that link I see a big list of lenses, are them all declicked? should use a filter for search? I didn't understand, thx a lot!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
+1 for Pentacon 2.8/135mm. It is better then Tokina, Mamiya, Minolta, Cosina, Yashica, Vivitar and Soligor (or any other 3rd party 2.8/135). It is Sonnar derived meaning you get "real thing" for lowest possible money. Nevertheless try to find tested sample from reputable seller, the quality variance is quite high. M42 is somehow preferable over Prakticar PB.

hi thx for help do you mean the Pentacon 2.8/135mm 6 blades or the 15 blades?

I have found a Yashica ML 135mm 1:2.8 C - C/Y 135 f2.8 in my town for 45 euro very good conditions do you suggest me to get it?

thx a lot! Smile

edit.

I have done some test, just downoaded some photos shooted with the yashica 135mm and I tryed to gare it with lightroom. I believe those cold/grey/haze colors are not good for me. I need it for video and it would be nearly impossible fo me to match the colors of other lenses in a fast way. It's very hard for me to five a natural look also with lightroom that is realtively simple for me, I can't imagine what I could do wrong with davinci resolve or premiere in video mode.
what do you think about it? thake a look at this pics please: http://www.flickriver.com/search/Yashica+ML+135mm+2.8/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 135/2.8 Yashica ML C. Purely subjective impression (no tests): it's a completely fine lens, but not exceptionally so. What's exceptional about it is that it's the smallest 135/2.8 lens that I'm aware of (by some margin), and decently built considering.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glaebhoerl wrote:
I have the 135/2.8 Yashica ML C. Purely subjective impression (no tests): it's a completely fine lens, but not exceptionally so. What's exceptional about it is that it's the smallest 135/2.8 lens that I'm aware of (by some margin), and decently built considering.

My opinion too with my copy i.e. just another ordinary 135mm f2.8....I bought it thinking that all ML lenses were superb.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 11 F4.

You might also take a look at the Pentax-m 135mm F3.5 Very compact and well built and cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two perfect 135 mm lenses- Pentacon Electra 135-2,8 and Soligor 135-2,8 both in M42 mount. The last one has circular aperture.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
I have two perfect 135 mm lenses- Pentacon Electra 135-2,8 and Soligor 135-2,8 both in M42 mount. The last one has circular aperture.

which one performs better wide open? which one do you prefere for color rendition and contrast? thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbeens wrote:
Paulius wrote:

which one performs better wide open? which one do you prefere for color rendition and contrast? thanks

One must authenticate Soligor. There are around 10 different products hidden under this brand Smile. My opinion: none of them is better then good old DDR Pentacon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a 135mm pentacon (15 blades) for 25 euro but it have fungus. do you suggest me to buy it and try to clean it by myself? I have no experience at dismounting lenses... never did it before. is it hard? is it cleanable?

true pictures of the problem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbeens wrote:
I have found a 135mm pentacon (15 blades) for 25 euro but it have fungus. do you suggest me to buy it and try to clean it by myself?

Not really. Even if would be in pristine condition, it would hardly beat eg the Konica Hexanon 3.2/135mm, which 1) is excellent even wide open and 2) focuses down to 1m (nice for portraits). And you should be able to get the Hexanon for 20-30 EUR/USD/CHF. I even got the (equally excellent) Hexanon 2.5/135mm for less than 50 CHF, and others recently paid around EUR 35.-- for the 2.5/135mm.

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
greenbeens wrote:
I have found a 135mm pentacon (15 blades) for 25 euro but it have fungus. do you suggest me to buy it and try to clean it by myself?

Not really. Even if would be in pristine condition, it would hardly beat eg the Konica Hexanon 3.2/135mm, which 1) is excellent even wide open and 2) focuses down to 1m (nice for portraits). And you should be able to get the Hexanon for 20-30 EUR/USD/CHF. I even got the (equally excellent) Hexanon 2.5/135mm for less than 50 CHF, and others recently paid around EUR 35.-- for the 2.5/135mm.

Stephan
thanks for help, where can I find them at those prices?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbeens wrote:
Thanks for help, where can I find them at those prices?

I have a Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f3.2 for sale for £40 UK plus postage if you are interested. It is in perfect working condition with only very minor signs of use. Here is one of mine attached to my Konica FS-1. I'm only selling it because I have two copies.

EDIT: LENS NOW SOLD.

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one at CHF (EUR/USD) 18.--:

https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/foto-und-optik/foto-zubehoer/objektive-manueller-fokus/manueller-fokus-fuer-sonstige-kameras/konica-hexanon-3-2-135mm/v/an869168576/

I doubt it will go much higher

Stephan

PS i have nothing to do with the auction, though i know the seller, a good small local photography shop near Zurich

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you all very much. I have found a new problem that give me troubles choosing the right lens.

basically I mount a special filter on my DSLR (canon 7D), this filter is called VAF 7D. it cover the whole entrance of the sensor so I must be very carefull choosing a lens that does not break it. I bought this filter because I wish to shoot video in raw instead than h264 (because raw suffers a lot of moire on this camera).

this is an example of the filter mounted on my camera that show the problem (how it cover the entrance for a non standard canon lens).
http://www.mosaicengineering.com/products/vaf/7d/install.html

I wish to ask you if you can advice me some website/list that I can can review to understand if the lens is ok without trying it in person please (because I wish to buy it online I have not many choice for retail stores in my town). basically some kind of parameter/list that show if the lens is going to eat space inside the entrance.

thanks again for your help.