Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hermagis 80mm takes spring walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Hermagis 80mm takes spring walk Reply with quote

Old Hermagis 80mm projection lens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Atmospheric affect. Just lovely.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychedelic - me like Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Psychedelic indeed!
None of my Hermagis lenses has such an OOF rendering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Very nice, Psychedelic indeed!
None of my Hermagis lenses has such an OOF rendering.

Thanks guys!

Dan, all these have deliberately created bokeh, by carefully choosing
certain special light situations which are known to create such bokeh.
If you use a Petzval type lens in studio, you will hardly ever see such Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Beautiful shots! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Thanks Klaus!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic 2 fills me with joy for some reason. Maybe because of expectations to come. The blossom on the fruit trees in my garden are there, but have not burst into full bloom yet.

On a side note, I have an interest in history and consequently spend quite a bit of time looking at images from the 19th century. When I clicked on your post I felt an an instant recognition of a time gone by - but in a glorious colour.

Thanks.

I still can't drag myself away from looking at these images.

Wonderful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Pic 2 fills me with joy for some reason. Maybe because of expectations to come. The blossom on the fruit trees in my garden are there, but have not burst into full bloom yet.

On a side note, I have an interest in history and consequently spend quite a bit of time looking at images from the 19th century. When I clicked on your post I felt an an instant recognition of a time gone by - but in a glorious colour.

Thanks.

Wonderful.

Makes me happy that my images make you happy! Wink

I like history, too and esepcially old and special lenses, so that Hermagis from around 1900
(estimated) always makes me happy to use, as it has a very special draw.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Thanks.

Wonderful.

I like history, too and esepcially old and special lenses, so that Hermagis from around 1900

You're very welcome. So around 1900 for the lens you are using. The penny drops. You know, with a sepia toning, I would have accepted the images as easily circa 1900 on first glances (probably any amount of glancing).

These old lenses give a window into the past in a sense. Time travellers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Thanks.

Wonderful.

You're very welcome. So around 1900 for the lens you are using. The penny drops. You know, with a sepia toning, I would have accepted the images as easily circa 1900 on first glances (probably any amount of glancing).

These old lenses give a window into the past in a sense. Time travellers.

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if you keep doing this you will soon drive up the price of these very common lenses so that no one can afford them .

Wait, you said Hermagis ? Never mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
You know, if you keep doing this you will soon drive up the price of these very common lenses so that no one can afford them .

Yep, Hermagis lenses have always had their price already and still are climbing,
not just because of me that is Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

Yep, Hermagis lenses have always had their price already and still are climbing,
not just because of me that is Wink

Smile

I'd not actually heard of Hermagis lenses, but that's due to my ignorance of the subject really. In reality I've never actually thought of putting such an old lens back into use. You've given me some ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1
T