Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D printing the grip for a Minolta MC 35 mm f/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: 3D printing the grip for a Minolta MC 35 mm f/1.8 Reply with quote

My Minolta MC 35 f/1.8 was missing its focusing ring grip when I got it. It's generally a bit beaten up, so this kinda fit the look, but it bothered me nonetheless. I found many ideas how to replace the grip around here and on other forums, but in the end, I decided that it had to look like the original. So I build a CAD model and had a grip 3D printed. This is the result:

I thought I'd share this here if anybody was interested in the process. More details and the STL file for printing can be found in the corresponding blog post. I also included the Solid Works (CAD software) file there, so you can modify this for other Minolta lenses if you wish. You are free to do so, as long as you credit me and do not use it commercially.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 Thank you! Like 1 Like 1 small