Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 VS Helios 44M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed such mecanic problems on my H-44's. I only noticed some problem with grease in the 80's production.
Helios-44-3 is one of the sharpest H-44 I have, but they are all very close in IQ. Helios-44-3 won't make your photos better. Comparing H-44M with Helios-44-2 is quite impossible, and not very usefull regarding to the difference betwwen 2 exemplar of a same lens.
Naturely, mecanics are quite differents, there is for all tasts, but it was already said, naturely.

Last edited by BurstMox on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah have a whole pile of 44s. 3 x Helios 44, one with 13 blades, two with 8 blades (silver and black). 4 x Helios 44-2 (different factories/different years of production), a 44-3, a 44-M and a 44M-4. My black 44/8 blade is the sharpest, followed by the 44M-4 but ah love the coatings on the 44-M. Never experienced any "backlash" focus problems with any of them and IMO ye really can't compare them. They all have individual characteristics. Like 1 small