Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor 54.6x4.5 fomapan 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor 54.6x4.5 fomapan 100 Reply with quote

Tried this camera out. Didn't know what to expect. These are scans from the photo lab. I will take more photos using 50 ISO film in the future.
Comments welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what this camera able to deliver I think at maximum performance, not worst anyway what early Rolleiflex cameras brought to me.
I am happy to see your result, I don't have personal experience with any box camera.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing more to expect from a box camera as the Tengor.

It's more a collectors item nowadays. Forget it for serious shooting, except you like this look particularly.
There are really better options available for comparable low prices.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies. I will give it another try, but with the 50 ISO film instead of the 100.
Definitely more of a curiosity than a serious camera though, but fun to use.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more photos.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are sweet - I can't get nearly as good shots with by Box Tengor, something about the shutter release needs fixing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
These are sweet - I can't get nearly as good shots with by Box Tengor, something about the shutter release needs fixing

Thank you. I liked using it, because it was light and simple to use. I have the 6x9 version also, but I haven't used it yet.
Getting a good result was kind of hit or miss. However I think it can improve by seeing what works for each camera.
Sorry yours isn't working properly.