Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 200mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have included test pics from my Meyer-Optik 200mm in my 70-210mm supertest. Also test pics from the 200mm f3.5 takumar. The test pic is the castle turret.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens, this is from my ratty old PentMog, wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Nice! Did you shot this using your Sony A6000?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Yes, it's a lens that just shines when I use it on the A6000. I use it a lot because I trust it. It's hard to explain - but some lenses look good and sharp on the screen with focus peaking but when I process them the results aren't as good as they looked in the camera, but this Pentacon is a lens that if it looks good on the screen - it is good. There's some CA and stuff like that, but it's minimal and easily processed out, it's a 50 year old lens so I don't expect perfection, but I don't get perfection from modern lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Yes, it's a lens that just shines when I use it on the A6000. I use it a lot because I trust it. It's hard to explain - but some lenses look good and sharp on the screen with focus peaking but when I process them the results aren't as good as they looked in the camera, but this Pentacon is a lens that if it looks good on the screen - it is good. There's some CA and stuff like that, but it's minimal and easily processed out, it's a 50 year old lens so I don't expect perfection, but I don't get perfection from modern lenses.

Thanks, I was wondering because I thought it might be to big to use on that camera. I want to buy a similar mirrorless camera
in the future so I am glad to hear it works well on yours. After reading this post I went out and tried my Pentacon 4/200 and it does perform nicely. It is also an attractive lens (I have the preset) like its smaller brother, the 2.8/135.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a big and heavy lens, but it's OK hand held on the Sony - I use the screen folded out and with focus peaking I can hold the camera at waist height firmly enough to avoid shake. And I have fitted a tripod mount as shown on the picture on the previous page, it's clamped onto the tapered part of the lens and I have never had it come loose at all, the mount is too big and I lined it with some softish polythene cut from a 5 litre container which is perfect for the job, it was a temporary trial just to see if it was the right kind of tripod mount, but it works so well I've not bothered to do a proper engineered job.