Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optical 500mm mount question.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optical 500mm mount question. Reply with quote

I got this lens a while back. It is a giant. As to the mount, at first glance it is m42 but the adapters and cameras I have for it all only screw on maybe a turn and a half. Am I missing something? Is this a spotting scope maybe? It has a diaphragm. I have not used it much due to this and the fact that is too heavy for my tripods.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's a T-Mount. Same diameter, different thread pitch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, probably T Mount. Same 42mm diameter but different thread pitch. Don't force it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That definitely sounds like a T thread, but has Meyer ever produced any lenses in that mount?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiaming wrote:
That definitely sounds like a T thread, but has Meyer ever produced any lenses in that mount?

They made lenses for Pentacon Six with interchangable mounts, like this one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to know! I wish I could read German though Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiaming wrote:
Interesting to know! I wish I could read German though Smile

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1363.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a picture of the mount and lens itself?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Do you have a picture of the mount and lens itself?

This is the same lens (different example). Mine does not have the hood but did come in a lovely leather case. As I said before it is very large guessing I would say 20 inches (~50cm) long and and likely weighs in at 4.5 kilos.

Thanks all for your help. I have an adapter on its way. I am working on a tripod system (gimbal) to use with it, I also have a Celstron 1250mm Cat to use with the tripod so it will be a multi use thing. I hope to show pics in DIY when I get it completed.