Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ladybugs with Olympus OM 90mm F2 macro on A7RIV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Ladybugs with Olympus OM 90mm F2 macro on A7RIV Reply with quote

Finally! A bit of sun. It's been raining or cloudy for weeks it seems. Managed to get out for a shoot in the backyard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Friends

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing lens and great images 👍👍👍

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yes the Olympus 90mm f2 macro is a remarkable lens. Pretty small and light for an F2 macro. Great images from close focus to infinity. Great colors. Nice smooth bokeh. Probably a good portrait lens, though i dont really do much of that. There is a reason they command 500-ish and up, even though a lot of them were manufactured and they haven't made any new ones in several decades. It is the lens that lives on my camera and I go from it to othe FL's if it seems more appropriate for the image I am trying to create.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Thanks. Yes the Olympus 90mm f2 macro is a remarkable lens. Pretty small and light for an F2 macro. Great images from close focus to infinity. Great colors. Nice smooth bokeh. Probably a good portrait lens, though i dont really do much of that. There is a reason they command 500-ish and up, even though a lot of them were manufactured and they haven't made any new ones in several decades. It is the lens that lives on my camera and I go from it to othe FL's if it seems more appropriate for the image I am trying to create.

It does good as a portrait lens indeed. Here's one I made a while ago:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/55691955@N05/0X7j439iNA
Just don't put people with a lot of wrinkles in front of it, because it is razor sharp wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I