Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ICA Doppel-Anastigmat Litonar 165mm 4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: ICA Doppel-Anastigmat Litonar 165mm 4.5 Reply with quote

Picked this guy up for the field camera project. Thought I'd give it a try on the A7II. Adapted via Nex/EF/P67/TUBES/HELICAL/BluTak. LOL

Photo of contraption:

Mostly straight from camera first photo is wide open F4.5

The rest are all at F8

Crop 100%

Some post for contrast and brightness:

Some PP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Good fit, very good results

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialyte type? 4 in 4 probably.
This would likely have a contrast problem.
This was common for this sort.

I have always had to carefully clean all surfaces on these.

This was one on the early cases of a relabelled lens I think, bought in by ICA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ian G at over at large format forum has posted a copy of an ad for this lens (in German) which has a diagram that clearly shows the 4 element structure (Tho I can't actually read the text!). Yes, contrast is weak on lenses from the era pre-dating lens coatings. Anybody know about the chemical processes of early coating systems? I have a background in chemistry but I can't seem to find info on the specifics of say early Mg F2 coatings. I'm curious as to whether a DIY chemist with basic equipment might accomplish that.