Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Soligor C/D Wide-auto 2,8/28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: MC Soligor C/D Wide-auto 2,8/28mm Reply with quote

I bought this lens recently as an "impulse buy", but it seems to be a decent lens with macro focus or
rather close focus capabilities. Here are some samples. I cropped some and added contrast to one.
Is there a way for the sideways photos to be corrected?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very pleasing results.
I wonder if this is another Tokina made Soligor.
Serial number 17XXXXX seems to indicate Tokina make for Soligor.(is this a 17XXXXX serial?)
I have only one C/D - the 2/135 - and it is a 17XXXX serial number.
I wonder if all C/D Soligors were sourced from Tokina - just thinking out aloud here Smile
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Serial number 17XXXXX seems to indicate Tokina make for Soligor.(is this a 17XXXXX serial?)
I wonder if all C/D Soligors were sourced from Tokina - just thinking out aloud here Smile
OH

Thank you.
My lens has a serial no. starting with 8 and "walter g" thinks that means it is a Tokina. See here near the bottom of the page.http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-12-8-f28mm-21and-versions-t30866,start,225.html
However, other persons would say since it closes down to 22 it is not a Tokina. I will post a photo of the lens later.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 small

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava, I'm interested in seeing a picture of this lens to see if it is anything like the Soligor CD 28 / 2 that I have, which frustrates me immensely. It's a well made lens, CD range so it should be good, but I rarely manage to get anything good out of it, and your 'slower' lens is excellent. I wonder if they were a different manufacturer? I think mine is a Tokina as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results !

And that's a very pretty country you have there!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
uddhava, I'm interested in seeing a picture of this lens to see if it is anything like the Soligor CD 28 / 2 that I have, which frustrates me immensely. It's a well made lens, CD range so it should be good, but I rarely manage to get anything good out of it, and your 'slower' lens is excellent. I wonder if they were a different manufacturer? I think mine is a Tokina as well.

Here are some photos from another thread. Mine has a YS mount though.
Superduper wrote:
I just got my "28mm/F2.8 Macro" Soligor with serial 890xxxxx and "Lens made in Japan" (whatever that means):

(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Luis!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a different beast altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar have a 28 f2.8 1.5x close focus but different from yours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice posts uddhava.

Just to muddy the waters, my Soligor C/D 28mm f2.8 in Nikon AI mount has a different look and serial number starting 68...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the 68.... series. It is all metal with rubber focus grip. Not macro. Minimum focus is 1 foot (0.3meter). Its a Konica mount. It is pretty sharp.

Samples:

A crop at 100%

I am trying to sell the lens on a Autoreflex T, see here on e-bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262531065444?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

or PM me. No reasonable offer refused. My wife says I am "out of control".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"muddy the waters" Laughing

http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-12-8-f28mm-21and-versions-t30866.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny. These waters are so muddy its like blues concert!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
"muddy the waters" Laughing

http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-12-8-f28mm-21and-versions-t30866.html

A bewildering bunch of 28mm lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi uddhava

Can you tell me which lens produced those pictures of yours? They are amazing pictures.
Is it the 28 f2.8 which has Macro written on it?

There are a lot of manuals at 28mm can you recommend any others if I can't find your one.
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petier wrote:
Hi uddhava

Can you tell me which lens produced those pictures of yours? They are amazing pictures.
Is it the 28 f2.8 which has Macro written on it?

There are a lot of manuals at 28mm can you recommend any others if I can't find your one.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum Petier! Thank you.
This is what my lens looks like. These are photos from another thread. Mine has a YS mount though.
Superduper wrote:

(

If you search on the forum for 28mm in the Manual Focus Lenses category you will find much
useful information. I also have a Olympus OM Zuiko 3.5 28mm which is a very nice lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
OH

The c/d name was for "Compact Design" because the first c/d lenses were one stop lighter than the other soligor lenses of same period (mainly sourced from tokina) but not bigger = compact for such specs

Only the very first batch of Soligor c/d were (mainly) sourced from tokina .. That batch included the tokina made 13/2 (yours)

When the "original" soligor co (allimatsu co) bankrupted in 1978 the main debitor was tokina
after that period
    soligor c/d lenses were sourced from many different lens makers (mainly kobory or sun) but no more from tokina ...you can imagine why ..(there is still a doubt for certain lenses as the 70/222 3.5)
    the c/d label did no more mean a top quality lens as the first c/d lenses were and planned to compete with vivitar series 1